Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: www.johnnygilbert.tv  (Read 1825 times)

Matt Ottinger

www.johnnygilbert.tv
« on: October 04, 2006, 11:24:50 AM »
We are among the first to hear about this new website for one of our genre's most durable performers.  For nearly 50 years and through dozens of series, Johnny Gilbert's resume is virtually a history of game shows.

For those of you who might not be familiar with the entirety of Gilbert's work, this site will also give you information -- and some pretty cool photos -- about his on-camera work, his long-time association with Dinah Shore, and most interestingly, his singing career.  In a nifty touch, Johnny's two albums from the sixties have been combined into a single CD that he's offering for sale on the site.  He'll even autograph one for you.

I gotta tell you, one of the highlights of my Jeopardy experience was hearing Johnny say my name.  I'm tickled by this new addition to the World Wide Web, and I urge you to check it out right away.

www.johnnygilbert.tv
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
www.johnnygilbert.tv
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 11:30:41 AM »
Is that a later ABC set for TPIR I see him on with Bill Cullen? If so, that looks pretty snazzy!

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Neumms

www.johnnygilbert.tv
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 12:13:02 PM »
A real treat for me was the chance to have Johnny Gilbert as a voice talent in a radio commercial. I had him read a list of things you'd get to do if you became a doctor. Imagine Johnny rattling off such things as, "perform bowel resections!" and "explode kidney stones with lasers!" He was wonderful as well as incredibly nice to work with. He even did my voicemail announcement. What a super guy.