Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Game Show Producer(s) of the Decade?  (Read 1354 times)

TimK2003

The Game Show Producer(s) of the Decade?
« on: October 07, 2006, 02:44:35 PM »
Since we are now midway through the Oughts ('00s), who would you say is the Goodson -Todman  equivilent of this decade so far?

At the turn of the century, the big players were Disney/Buena-Vista, Fremantle, and Sony/Columbia/Tri-Star. But it seems that lately, Endemol is starting to make noticible waves with Deal and it's newbies in the bullpen.

Any insights/opinions as to who  you think is currently the frontrunner(s) in game show domination thus far?

beatlefreak84

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 04:30:23 PM »
Right now, I'd be tempted to say Endemol, but Sony/King World could be climbing back up there, especially if the revival of TJW and Combination Lock end up being pretty decent hits.

I think the better question at this point is whether Endemol's shows are just quick adrenaline-rush hits, or they're actually shows with staying power.  We already know that the current Sony shows are the top two syndie hits in television, so, if they can turn TJW or Combination Lock into even moderate hits, they'll definitely be dominating daytime/pre-prime time.

Endemol as the "New Goodson/Todman" will definitely hold a lot more water if DOND can last at least another year, the proposed syndie version is halfway decent, and any other shows they have planned can make some dents in primetime.

That's just my opinion, at least...;)

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

jrjgames

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 10:52:58 PM »
[quote name=\'beatlefreak84\' post=\'133797\' date=\'Oct 7 2006, 04:30 PM\']
Right now, I'd be tempted to say Endemol, but Sony/King World could be climbing back up there, especially if the revival of TJW and Combination Lock end up being pretty decent hits.

I think the better question at this point is whether Endemol's shows are just quick adrenaline-rush hits, or they're actually shows with staying power.  We already know that the current Sony shows are the top two syndie hits in television, so, if they can turn TJW or Combination Lock into even moderate hits, they'll definitely be dominating daytime/pre-prime time.[/quote]

You're very right Anthony.  We are not just coming into the game, no pun intended, to make a splash with a gimmick show and then get out.  We have crafted these two shows into what we hope will be two blockbuster shows that will be around for a very long time.

Initial testing proved that could very well be the case!

Watching Combination Lock come alive is so exciting, you have no idea.  Cross fingers and we'll be on the air next year...if we can do that, I think you all will love what we've done!

John