Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Oct 5 Price is Right  (Read 2326 times)

Ian Wallis

Oct 5 Price is Right
« on: October 05, 2006, 06:54:49 PM »
I'm sure most of you are aware today was the day The Price is Right episode aired that many of us attended back in July.  I've just posted the details of the taping at my site here:

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/St...ricetaping.html

If you enjoyed reading about my Battlestars experience, hopefully you'll enjoy reading this too!  (No names are mentioned to protect the innocent!!)
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

MikeK

• Martha!
Oct 5 Price is Right
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 07:46:22 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'133610\' date=\'Oct 5 2006, 06:54 PM\']
I'm sure most of you are aware today was the day The Price is Right episode aired that many of us attended back in July.  I've just posted the details of the taping at my site here:

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/St...ricetaping.html

If you enjoyed reading about my Battlestars experience, hopefully you'll enjoy reading this too!  (No names are mentioned to protect the innocent!!)
[/quote]
Innocent?  I'm guilty--guilty of having a great time.  Seeing all the familiar faces on today's show (including some I forgot were at that taping!) brought a huge smile to my face for the entire hour.

Only 10 or so months until the next gathering and mass exodus to 33...

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Oct 5 Price is Right
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 09:26:37 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'133614\' date=\'Oct 5 2006, 06:46 PM\']
Innocent?  I'm guilty--guilty of having a great time.  Seeing all the familiar faces on today's show (including some I forgot were at that taping!) brought a huge smile to my face for the entire hour.

[/quote]
Seconded.  (Or is that thirded?)

I had forgotten some of what happened at the taping as well (2½ month lag time between taping and air will do that to you), but it was cool to see it all over again.

Can't wait for the next mass exodus to 33.

Doug -- and the countdown to 2300 continues
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
Oct 5 Price is Right
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 12:39:01 AM »
Points go to Aaron for being the first person to spike a Plinko chip.

/That's what it looked like.  It was spiked onto the divider
This signature is currently under construction.

Ian Wallis

Oct 5 Price is Right
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 08:46:46 AM »
Innocent? I'm guilty--guilty of having a great time. Seeing all the familiar faces on today's show (including some I forgot were at that taping!) brought a huge smile to my face for the entire hour.

Hey...I'm with you!  I'm hoping my wife and I will be able to come out again next July - but it depends on what other commitments we have.  But I've GOT to see another taping!!

Next time I hope to get in the third row or closer - you guys there were more easily seen than we were - but usually when the contestant furthest to camera-right was bidding, you could see me in the background!

I had forgotten some of what happened at the taping as well (2½ month lag time between taping and air will do that to you), but it was cool to see it all over again.

Me too.  I really thought the contestant that caused the stop tape occured after the first showcase showdown, but it was actually just before the showdown.  

There was so much going on it's hard to absorb it all and remember it all in one taping.
NEW LOCATION!!!

TimK2003

Oct 5 Price is Right
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 12:04:33 PM »
Anyone fixing to put up some highlights on You Tube?  I completely forgot about it and was away from the office when it aired.

cweaver

Oct 5 Price is Right
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 12:25:00 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'133665\' date=\'Oct 6 2006, 07:46 AM\']
Me too.  I really thought the contestant that caused the stop tape occured after the first showcase showdown, but it was actually just before the showdown.  [/quote]

Details, please, for those of us who apparently weren't sitting at the cool kids table that day?

Edit: never mind, I found it.  Would still love to have been there, I'm sure the whole experience was really cool.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 01:48:16 PM by cweaver »

ClockGameJohn

Oct 5 Price is Right
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 08:31:17 PM »
Nice story.

Just one clarification so people are not mislead:

You may have seen the pages peering over the audience for one reason or another, but they have absolutely no knowledge of who the potential contestants will be that day until they are called, or they are specifically notified (rare) in the case of a handicapped contestant, etc.  Even then, they would only know a specific contestant to be called, and not all 9.

Ian Wallis

Oct 5 Price is Right
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 12:21:23 PM »
You may have seen the pages peering over the audience for one reason or another, but they have absolutely no knowledge of who the potential contestants will be that day until they are called, or they are specifically notified (rare) in the case of a handicapped contestant, etc. Even then, they would only know a specific contestant to be called, and not all 9.

I can see where that would be misleading.  I think I meant to say "production assistant" instead of "page".  I definately saw a couple of them looking out to the audience.  One of them had a clipboard in her hand and it looked like she was trying to find out where certain people were sitting.

I'll change it when I get the chance :)
NEW LOCATION!!!