Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tips for hosting a game show  (Read 3740 times)

rebelwrest

Tips for hosting a game show
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 02:12:17 PM »
Well my game show was today, and it was an experience.  I learned that

1.  The more moving parts the harder to control.

2.  There is a reason why we screen contestants before they come on a show.
3.  Rehearsing is a good thing.

4.  There is a big button on a camcorder to start recording.

5.  College students being forced to watch does not make a good audience.

6.  You may have a script but that could get thrown out the window fast.

and

7.  There is a reason when men in drag wear clothing that covers their legs.

Oh where to start, first one of them forgot to get contestant, so we had to pick them out of the audience.  Did you know some women will cling to a seat.  There were some funny moments in the game, however, I forget to  take the first puzzle, and wound up taping the lamer puzzle.

The puzzle you missed.

Definition: Paris Hilton

AMERICAN IDLE

I thought I did pretty well hosting; however, If there is justice to game shows, the tape will be burned.  If you want to see to prove that I may be an idiot it may make it to youtube.  Now hoping the college will look past the low quality of tape and look at the gameplay.  Heck they may put it on because of its cheapness.  If they buy it, back to stand-up comedy.

Thanks for the tips

Tad
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2006, 03:01:07 PM »
There is more to mounting a game show than meets the (untrained) eye, especially if you're dealing with loopy college students.

If it's any consolation, I always learn something new whenever I am involved in a new show (but I'm already hip to things like rehearsals, contestant screening, scripts and pressing the "record" button).
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 03:03:28 PM by chris319 »

rebelwrest

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2007, 03:54:21 PM »
I am bumping this thread because my production of DEFINITION has received its fate.  I never thought I would go through a roller coaster with my show, but now the ride has suddenly stopped at the bottom of an incline.  I learned that the students were bringing back the college TV station and so I submitted my idea for "Definition".  I gave the professor in charge of the station the video pilot of my project and a catalogue of puzzles (over 150 of them).  I have received word that the students decided not to do a game show format for the show, and my material will be available to pick up.  I'm guessing a life in game show will have to wait after I become a stand-up comedian (with the way things are going, that is how it is going to happen, and I am ugly as sin.)  I may put my pilot up on youtube for all of you to criticize.  I do not think the show would do well today, so my idea of a revival of Definition is pretty much shot.

Let your sympathy begin.

rebelwrest

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 12:31:09 PM »
Sorry, but today during my work preparing taxes, I happen to call the wrong extension number and got the head of cardinal television (see post before this one).  We were talking about my show, and he said the show was a good concept except that the students decided to work on other projects.  At least my show was not a bad idea.  Maybe I can try my show as being a volunteer for the TV station.  

Still crossing fingers,

Tad