Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nice Looking Update on Wheel  (Read 5612 times)

J.R.

Nice Looking Update on Wheel
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2003, 11:25:30 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Sep 11 2003, 06:53 PM\'] Tony is friends and poker buddies with Stewart, Betty WHite, and Henry Polic II(they appeared with Carol Burnett and her kids on a week of Dawson's Feud in 1994-95) [/quote]
 Going OT here, but wasn't that week the uncerimonius final week of Feud 94 ?

-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

zachhoran

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2003, 08:24:02 AM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Sep 11 2003, 10:25 PM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Sep 11 2003, 06:53 PM\'] Tony is friends and poker buddies with Stewart, Betty WHite, and Henry Polic II(they appeared with Carol Burnett and her kids on a week of Dawson's Feud in 1994-95) [/quote]
Going OT here, but wasn't that week the uncerimonius final week of Feud 94 ?

-Joe R. [/quote]
 The last first run shows I remember seeing was a week of the LAPD and the LAFD.

ChuckNet

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2003, 01:37:39 PM »
The last first run shows I remember seeing was a week of the LAPD and the LAFD.

That was the one...although it was never mentioned on air, Richard behaved on the Fri show as if it were the last one.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

HSquares2003

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2003, 10:30:15 PM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Sep 9 2003, 07:03 PM\'] Nice Lights on the Wheel. I also really like the Puzzle Board, but it looks like it needs something else on top. It's almost like it's missing something. Pretty cool overall though.

John [/quote]
 Yeah, that background is gonna get old unless they can change the camera shot to compensate for the blank space.

HSquares2003

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2003, 10:33:12 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Sep 10 2003, 12:10 PM\'] [quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Sep 10 2003, 11:06 AM\'] Does anybody miss the "eggcrate" score displays - or are you happy with the new readouts?

Personally, I'd grown accustomed to the eggcrates! [/quote]
Eggcrates are nice, but I guess they're unfortunately dated(though TPIR and the current Feud still use them) [/quote]
 Don't give FreChuckle any ideas about changing the eggcrates :D

I watched the Sat. WOF's and yeah, I kinda miss the eggcrates, they do seem easier to read. But, now, you will have to watch for them on GSN. Wheel just started running season 20 shows tonight(was from March, the Big Money week).

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2003, 10:50:19 PM »
The thing is.... I WANT THEM TO UPDATE TPIR!  Heck, get rid of the eggcrates, if one must (However, technically the IUFB displays aren't eggcrate).  I think a set looking like Bruce's TPIR (but maybe a tad bigger) would be very welcome.  Heck, I thought TNPIR '94 looked like a really nice update.

Brandon Brooks

uncamark

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2003, 01:31:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Sep 13 2003, 09:50 PM\']
The thing is.... I WANT THEM TO UPDATE TPIR!  Heck, get rid of the eggcrates, if one must (However, technically the IUFB displays aren't eggcrate).  I think a set looking like Bruce's TPIR (but maybe a tad bigger) would be very welcome.  Heck, I thought TNPIR '94 looked like a really nice update.[/quote]
Of course, that's the one thing that they'll be least likely to change, since Barker in particular seems to believe that the low-tech 70s look is part of the appeal--at least until maintenance costs become prohibitive (if that ever happens).

Argo

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2003, 03:22:25 PM »
I dont mind updated scoreboards and displays, but why not just have a computerized version of eggcrates. just because they are new computerized displays doesnt mean they have to look different, they just run differently technically, which would probably please a lot of staff.

Also, dunno why WoF set has to be soo BIG, and the audience has to be so large. TPIR has been in studio 33 since 72. Yes they often add a bit more seating in the little stage in the back of the audience, but thast about it. plus if they had a larger audience, they would probbaly have to edit CoDs like they did on the vegas special. I know not that drastic but still. I mean years ago u couldnt get people to be in the audience of WoF. Some episodes sounded as if they had 5 or 6 people there, and the audience track was way too low. Also, the nbc set was way too small for what they had, but now, the new set is too big for what they have. Maybe 4 or 5 top prizes and a bit widescreen.

If TPIR, and H2 can do with the size of the set they have, why does WoF need a huge set, either that or it just feels huge.

\"in... the vacation.... MICROPHONE!\"

Thanks

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2003, 03:24:18 PM »
WOF's set is actually quite small. I was amazed to see it yesterday. The puzzleboard especially is tiny compared to how it looks on TV.

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2003, 11:22:30 PM »
All sets are like that.  Hollywoood Squares' set looks humungous in TV, and it's not really that cramped in person, it just looks smaller.  For those who don't know, TPIR and HSq tape in the same studio.  I think it is just the cameras that do wonders on how show's look on TV.

Brandon Brooks