Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: First new DoND PC game pics are out...  (Read 6861 times)

Hastin

First new DoND PC game pics are out...
« on: October 20, 2006, 05:23:17 AM »
From the same company that brought us the new *awesome* Family Feud PC game, comes Deal or No Deal: the PC game.

First screenshots are up.

Why does Howie look like a cat?
-Hastin :)

Clay Zambo

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 09:07:00 AM »
From GameStop's description:

• Special Customization mode allows for family-friendly prizes in the briefcases, such as “Make My Bed” or “Walk The Dog”.

Now, that's cute.  

and...

• For added fun, a collection of mini-games derived from the show enhance the Deal or No Deal experience.

Mini-games?  I guess since it says, "derived from" they're spinoffs, but huh?  What, are they going to play Double Prices?  Do you get a bonus if you write down an answer that's found in line 3?

I wasn't planning to buy this anyway, but I'm curious.
czambo@mac.com

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 09:28:22 AM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'135091\' date=\'Oct 20 2006, 06:07 AM\']
• Special Customization mode allows for family-friendly prizes in the briefcases, such as “Make My Bed” or “Walk The Dog”.

Now, that's cute.  
[/quote]
It's interesting, because the first thing I thought of was "Good. Now someone can FIX THE FREAKIN' MONEY TREE."

That said, it's still ultimately DoND played for funsies, and it's Global Star, so I'm pretty sure it's gonna suck. But it would be a little interesting to play it with the Australian tree.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

J.R.

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 09:31:53 AM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'135091\' date=\'Oct 20 2006, 08:07 AM\']
From GameStop's description:

[/quote]

So, if I wanted to, I could play a game of DoND for a virtual $1.98?

-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

clemon79

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 09:35:46 AM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' post=\'135094\' date=\'Oct 20 2006, 06:31 AM\']
So, if I wanted to, I could play a game of DoND for a virtual $1.98?
[/quote]
You could, but I bet it would break the game horribly, since I would be willing to wager that the bank offers are still always gonna be in whole dollars.

J.R.

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 09:38:02 AM »
What if I wanted to play a game for "eleventy billion"? :-)

-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

clemon79

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 09:59:40 AM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' post=\'135099\' date=\'Oct 20 2006, 06:38 AM\']
What if I wanted to play a game for "eleventy billion"? :-)
[/quote]
That's not a number.

/yet.

rialtus

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 11:50:44 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'135096\' date=\'Oct 20 2006, 08:35 AM\'][quote name=\'JRaygor\' post=\'135094\' date=\'Oct 20 2006, 06:31 AM\']So, if I wanted to, I could play a game of DoND for a virtual $1.98?[/quote]You could, but I bet it would break the game horribly, since I would be willing to wager that the bank offers are still always gonna be in whole dollars.[/quote]And yet you can play for things like "Make My Bed"? So ... if the last two items on the board are "Make My Bed" and "Walk the Dog", what is the banker's offer, I wonder?

tvwxman

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2006, 12:06:12 PM »
[quote name=\'rialtus\' post=\'135113\' date=\'Oct 20 2006, 11:50 AM\']
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'135096\' date=\'Oct 20 2006, 08:35 AM\'][quote name=\'JRaygor\' post=\'135094\' date=\'Oct 20 2006, 06:31 AM\']So, if I wanted to, I could play a game of DoND for a virtual $1.98?[/quote]You could, but I bet it would break the game horribly, since I would be willing to wager that the bank offers are still always gonna be in whole dollars.[/quote]And yet you can play for things like "Make My Bed"? So ... if the last two items on the board are "Make My Bed" and "Walk the Dog", what is the banker's offer, I wonder?
[/quote]
Make out with the dog.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2006, 01:26:49 PM »
Or Walk the Bed for those who like to take the high road.  (All none of us.)

I have the feeling that CPU banker offers will be deactivated when custom games come up, having another person act as banker and fill in a value.  That makes the most sense, anyway.
This signature is currently under construction.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2006, 01:29:06 PM »
[quote name=\'rialtus\' post=\'135113\' date=\'Oct 20 2006, 11:50 AM\']
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'135096\' date=\'Oct 20 2006, 08:35 AM\'][quote name=\'JRaygor\' post=\'135094\' date=\'Oct 20 2006, 06:31 AM\']So, if I wanted to, I could play a game of DoND for a virtual $1.98?[/quote]You could, but I bet it would break the game horribly, since I would be willing to wager that the bank offers are still always gonna be in whole dollars.[/quote]And yet you can play for things like "Make My Bed"? So ... if the last two items on the board are "Make My Bed" and "Walk the Dog", what is the banker's offer, I wonder?[/quote]
I'm no fan of wild speculation before something comes out, but this does intrigue me.  I'm wondering if this chore thing is just an alternative version of the game, or whether you really can customize it to make the briefcases whatever you want them to be.  And if it is truly customizable, how do the bank offers work?  From what I'm hearing from you experts, this company is not really known for its creativity, so I see some giant holes here.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2006, 01:38:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'135125\' date=\'Oct 20 2006, 10:26 AM\']
I have the feeling that CPU banker offers will be deactivated when custom games come up, having another person act as banker and fill in a value.  That makes the most sense, anyway.
[/quote]
Actually, that doesn't make a single lick of sense.

I'm gonna guess one of two things: either the user will be tasked with providing the "value" of these non-monetary customizations, which can then be shot through the formula in the game for computing a cash bank offer, or they will be ranked from 1 to 26 based on the order you presented them in, and the offer will be one of them, selected based on the state of the game at that time.

I don't give GS enough credit for coming up with the former idea, so my guess is that it's gonna be something closer to the latter.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2006, 04:17:06 PM »
"Make my bed" is a punishment rather than a prize, whereas $5 is five bucks more than you had when the game began.

So if "Grandma foot rub" is the lowest value on the board and "More money in the will" is the top prize, then what are the average prizes in the middle of the tree? "Not excluded from dinner"? "Shower privileges"?

("The only two cases left are 'Clean the attic' and 'Control of the TV remote.' The banker has offered you 'Leftovers for lunch.' Deal or no deal?"

... Actually, that's not bad.)

--
Scott Robinson

Clay Zambo

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2006, 05:47:40 PM »
It occurs to me that "customization" might not mean players get to type in their own values; they might simply get to choose "fun" prizes from a menu.
czambo@mac.com

Allstar87

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2006, 05:54:03 PM »
Doesn't look THAT terrible. At least they got the font on the briefcase right.