Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The next "daytime" game show...  (Read 6007 times)

NickS

The next "daytime" game show...
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2006, 10:05:14 AM »
[quote name=\'trainman\' post=\'135288\' date=\'Oct 22 2006, 02:21 AM\']
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'135283\' date=\'Oct 21 2006, 10:51 PM\']"NBC plans to air “Deal or No Deal” and the new game show “1 vs. 100” five days a week at 7."[/quote]

Both five days a week in the same time slot?  So...is there going to be a split-screen, or are we talking "The Deal or No Deal/1 vs. 100 Hour," in which halfway through, 73 boxes slide on stage so that 73 people can join Howie and the models to form the mob?
[/quote]

Well, if the WWE showed that you can split-screen wrestling and "EXTREME" strip poker, anything is possible.

cweaver

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2006, 11:12:39 AM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'135295\' date=\'Oct 22 2006, 08:43 AM\']
...and to Alex's statement about "at 7"...I thought that was prime-access for stations, that lead-up time to the network's prime time programming slot.  How on earth (and why??) would they take that back? [/quote]

That would be the affiliates' call, not NBC's to "take back." My thinking is the 7 p.m. reference is to Central Time, which is where I live and where prime time does indeed start at 7 Monday through Saturday.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2006, 01:57:03 PM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'135298\' date=\'Oct 22 2006, 07:05 AM\']
Well, if the WWE showed that you can split-screen wrestling and "EXTREME" strip poker EXTREME strip "poker", anything is possible.
[/quote]
There, fixed that for you.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Ian Wallis

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2006, 05:52:50 PM »
But in 1975, there were several weekly nighttime versions of popular daytime game shows, usually checkerboarded in prime access. Off the top of my head, HSq, Deal, Pyramid, Price, Name That Tune, and then Dealer's Choice and Treasure Hunt...doesn't seem to have caused any confusion there, esp. since primetime games were pretty much out of vogue.

Just in case anyone's interested, you can read all about the '70s "checkerboard" schedule here:

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/St...eckerboard.html
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

itiparanoid13

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2006, 08:35:42 PM »
I apologize about the AZNightBuzz thing, I never knwe about that FCC thing before ever.  Again, my fault.

I was a bit afraid when they took away the TVTix thing for Daytime Deal or No Deal, but it is rescheduled.  They will tape on SUNDAY, October 29th at 3PM and 5PM.  Check TVTix if you would like to go and report what happens to us, lol.