Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The new Jeopardy! graphics package  (Read 8309 times)

zachhoran

The new Jeopardy! graphics package
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2003, 08:26:30 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Sep 13 2003, 06:58 PM\']

Here's an idea. Sometime, to celebrate an anniversary or something, they should have what baseball teams call "turn back the clock" week. They should build a replica of Art Fleming's set and play on that, with flip cards and pen-and-paper Final Jeopardy and old SFX and everything. Maybe the contestants and Alex even dress the part. They could even score $10, $20 and such, then just multiply everything by 20 at the end so the players aren't cheated. [/quote]
 The 40th anniversary of Fleming J!'s premiere is this coming March 30th. We know they're not going to do something like this, but if they were going to do all this, they should do what they failed to do when they taped in NYC in 1999, and that is to get Don Pardo to announce the week.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
The new Jeopardy! graphics package
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2003, 08:26:38 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Sep 13 2003, 04:58 PM\'] It was much better when they just walked out. I still miss the old opening when we'd hear the audience murmur, then suddenly hush. Now that's television.

[/quote]
 That wasn't just television... {JohnnyGilbert} That....was...Jeopardy! {/JohnnyGilbert} :)

They should build a replica of Art Fleming's set and play on that, with flip cards and pen-and-paper Final Jeopardy and old SFX and everything. Maybe the contestants and Alex even dress the part. They could even score $10, $20 and such, then just multiply everything by 20 at the end so the players aren't cheated.

That would be fun. If by some miracle a cache of old Jeopardy episodes are discovered and GSN starts to run them, I promise I will build old-skool scoring support into the Windows Challenger, as well. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe