Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN IGAS --  (Read 6329 times)

geno57

GSN IGAS --
« on: October 27, 2006, 02:24:03 PM »
I emailed a member of the production staff, to find out if there would be any new shows.  The reply stated that GSN has not picked up "I've Got A Secret" for a second season.  The producers are hoping to place it on another channel.

I really got to like the way they it was being done.  At my house, we laughed ourselves silly a lot of times.  Dwyer is a top-notch host, and each of the panelists added something positive.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
GSN IGAS --
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 02:30:00 PM »
[quote name=\'geno57\' post=\'135792\' date=\'Oct 27 2006, 11:24 AM\']
I emailed a member of the production staff, to find out if there would be any new shows.  The reply stated that GSN has not picked up "I've Got A Secret" for a second season.  The producers are hoping to place it on another channel.
[/quote]
Hopefully they'll find it another home. (Logo, maybe?) It was a decent version of the show and deserves more episodes, especially when we live in a world where that piss-poor Chain Reaction is being picked up.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

GSN IGAS --
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 02:38:44 PM »
This sounds like a dream, but I'd personally love to see it in late-night syndication. It was risque while sophisticated at the same time. Definitely deserves a renewal
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

tvwxman

GSN IGAS --
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 02:51:29 PM »
It's one of my favorite G/T shows of all time, and the new vers showed that you can have a fun, classy parlor game on the air today....

That said, the panel , to me, was awful. If you're going to do an all-gay panel, why not promote them as such? If not, what's the point? Rotate the panel a bit. I liked Frank, and Billy was good, but the Suzzane and Jermaine annoyed the crap out of me.

Bil finally did a show which showed he could host a show. Cheaters was awful.

Keep it gay, put it on LOGO. Dump the gay PANEL , put it on Bravo. (PANEL edited in post so ISUCGV doesn't get his garanimals in a wad. anyone else who thinks that i'm homophobic? didn't think so)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 06:57:28 PM by tvwxman »
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Clay Zambo

GSN IGAS --
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 03:19:16 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'135796\' date=\'Oct 27 2006, 02:51 PM\']
I liked Frank, and Billy was good, but the Suzzane and Jermaine annoyed the crap out of me.
[/quote]

Billy can play!  I'm astonished, every time I watch an episode, of how Billy will be in (you should pardon the expression) the ballpark, zeroing in on a secret, and Jermaine, seeming to have paid no attention at all, will end up starting an entirely different line of questioning--or, worse, waste time asking questions that cover the same territory Billy's already hit.

Keep Billy, keep Frank, and have two rotating seats.  But, mostly, keep the show.  Please.
czambo@mac.com

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
GSN IGAS --
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 04:22:19 PM »
Jermaine, seeming to have paid no attention at all, will end up starting an entirely different line of questioning

Exactly, and I forgot who it was who was defending him in another thread, but every time I watched that show, I saw him as the least game-focused of the four. And he was competing with Suzanne for that title and still won out, so...

-Jason
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 04:22:34 PM by JasonA1 »
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

itiparanoid13

GSN IGAS --
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 04:31:33 PM »
I'm sorry, but after the entire Martha Wash situation which was, without a doubt, the funniest moment on that show and one of the funniest moments I've seen in game shows, I'd like it if he stayed.  I watched IGAS to laugh, not as much for the game, and he really helped that out.

clemon79

GSN IGAS --
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 04:41:14 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'135810\' date=\'Oct 27 2006, 01:31 PM\']
I'm sorry, but after the entire Martha Wash situation which was, without a doubt, the funniest moment on that show and one of the funniest moments I've seen in game shows, I'd like it if he stayed.  I watched IGAS to laugh, not as much for the game, and he really helped that out.
[/quote]
I agree, and the Martha Wash bit _was_ good. (Though it bummed me out that they didn't mention her more recent claim to fame, as the person who _actually_ sings on C&C Music Factory's "Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)"))

But if Jermaine's not gonna play the game that he's being played to play, he should at least fake it better.

Allstar87

GSN IGAS --
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 04:57:52 PM »
Wait...you mean to tell me they're renewing Chain Reaction and not IGAS? Boy, does that stink.

I wish the producers lots of luck in finding a new channel.

mbc793

GSN IGAS --
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 05:06:56 PM »
I've seen some parts of the show and yeah it's not all that bad. But not to renew this and renew Chain Reaction where I know I prefer Cullen's and Geoff Edwards' versions is insane. I heard Bravo, yeah it could work, if not put it in nighttime syndication not just late night.

clemon79

GSN IGAS --
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2006, 05:15:27 PM »
[quote name=\'mbc793\' post=\'135816\' date=\'Oct 27 2006, 02:06 PM\']
if not put it in nighttime syndication not just late night.
[/quote]
It would never sell in mainstream nighttime syndication. It wants to be a cable show.

Casey

GSN IGAS --
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2006, 06:10:02 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'135796\' date=\'Oct 27 2006, 01:51 PM\']
Keep it gay, put it on LOGO. Dump the gay, put it on Bravo.
[/quote]
Dump the gay??  An interesting (and offensive) choice of words.  And it isn't like Bravo doesn't have gay themed programming anyway, so it isn't all that much of a stretch to put it there "with the gay."

clemon79

GSN IGAS --
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2006, 06:33:56 PM »
[quote name=\'isucgv\' post=\'135826\' date=\'Oct 27 2006, 03:10 PM\']
Dump the gay??  An interesting (and offensive) choice of words.  
[/quote]
Oh, Christ.

tvwxman

GSN IGAS --
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2006, 06:59:19 PM »
[quote name=\'isucgv\' post=\'135826\' date=\'Oct 27 2006, 06:10 PM\']
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'135796\' date=\'Oct 27 2006, 01:51 PM\']
Keep it gay, put it on LOGO. Dump the gay, put it on Bravo.
[/quote]
Dump the gay??  An interesting (and offensive) choice of words.  And it isn't like Bravo doesn't have gay themed programming anyway, so it isn't all that much of a stretch to put it there "with the gay."
[/quote]
Fixed the above post for ISUCGV. There. Does that make you feel better?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

clemon79

GSN IGAS --
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2006, 07:03:11 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'135836\' date=\'Oct 27 2006, 03:59 PM\']
Fixed the above post for ISUCGV. There. Does that make you feel better?
[/quote]
You disappoint me, sir. I'd have told him to....oh, wait.