Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dick Enberg on ESPN  (Read 1630 times)

brianhenke

Dick Enberg on ESPN
« on: November 11, 2006, 04:28:21 PM »
Dick Enberg was on the ESPN coverage of the Indiana-Michigan college football game (he was inducted into the Indiana U. Sports Hall of Fame last night).

Well, they mentioned Sports Challenge, and Dick said that was a thrill to see all his sports heroes on SC.

Brian

100 plus 100 is 600?
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Dick Enberg on ESPN
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 08:42:32 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' post=\'137622\' date=\'Nov 11 2006, 03:28 PM\']
Dick Enberg was on the ESPN coverage of the Indiana-Michigan college football game (he was inducted into the Indiana U. Sports Hall of Fame last night).

Well, they mentioned Sports Challenge, and Dick said that was a thrill to see all his sports heroes on SC.
[/quote]

Good thing they put him on early, before the game got really uninteresting (allowing me to get an early dinner to celebrate my birthday).

/Full disclosure--I'm an Indiana grad.  At least we're a soccer school.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

gsgalaxy82

Dick Enberg on ESPN
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 12:36:17 PM »
Funny story, I met Dick when he signed his book here at CMU. I asked him first about Sports Challenge and he looked totally shocked. I said "Oh, I've seen it on ESPN Classic." And then I mentioned Baffle....he looked at me like "What planet are you from?" But then I explained to him how I'm a huge game show fan. I also asked him about Three for the Money and he said, "It was a dynamite show, but was way too cerebral for anyone without a high school degree."

David