Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Blog has You Tube game show clips  (Read 2562 times)

DrBear

Blog has You Tube game show clips
« on: November 12, 2006, 10:14:56 PM »
The blog "Yes But No But Yes" has collected some of the game show clips from You Tube at this post.

And yes, that's the Whew clip with the well-remembered Mr. Amasia.

Wonder why it says "not for broadcast" on it?
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

dzinkin

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 10:26:26 PM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' post=\'137698\' date=\'Nov 12 2006, 10:14 PM\']
And yes, that's the Whew clip with the well-remembered Mr. Amasia.

Wonder why it says "not for broadcast" on it?
[/quote]
The copy of Randy's Gauntlet win that's in the trading circuit came directly from Burt Sugarman's office rather than from an off-air broadcast.  As it was explained to me at the time, someone got word to someone who got word to Sugarman that Randy was on his deathbed and wanted to see his Gauntlet win one more time before passing away.  A tape was dispatched quickly, but sadly, not quickly enough. :-(

DrBear

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 10:35:26 PM »
Ah, I remember the story of finally finding the clip just a bit too late *sigh* but didn't know just where they got it.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Allstar87

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 12:09:33 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'137699\' date=\'Nov 12 2006, 10:26 PM\']
The copy of Randy's Gauntlet win that's in the trading circuit came directly from Burt Sugarman's office rather than from an off-air broadcast.  As it was explained to me at the time, someone got word to someone who got word to Sugarman that Randy was on his deathbed and wanted to see his Gauntlet win one more time before passing away.  A tape was dispatched quickly, but sadly, not quickly enough. :-(
[/quote]

Oh gosh, I remember that. I was just getting into the game show scene in 2001, so that was one of the first events I remember reading about. That's really a shame.

I didn't know Sugarman himself was the one who provided the tape, though.

ChuckNet

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 10:28:57 PM »
Although, in a sense, the tape's unfortunate late arrival made for a fitting tribute to "the man"...no doubt seeing Randy in all his GS glory is how he would've liked to be remembered.

Hard to believe it's been almost 5 yrs, though. :-(

Chuck Donegan (The In-Remembrance "Chuckie Baby")