Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Here is your first auction. Ready? Go.  (Read 1825 times)

Mike Tennant

Here is your first auction. Ready? Go.
« on: November 14, 2006, 03:55:27 PM »
The first items from the Dick Clark memorabilia auction are up on eBay here.

I quickly skimmed through all 18 pages of items, so I may have overlooked something, but the only specifically game show-related item I saw is in this lot, which contains (among other, non-game-show things) a copy of The $25,000 Pyramid home game from Cardinal, the only one with D.C.'s picture on it.  The great thing about that game--as the box clearly points out--is that you can also play The $100,000 Pyramid with it, which is important because the two shows are so vastly different.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 04:42:52 PM »
[quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' post=\'137858\' date=\'Nov 14 2006, 03:55 PM\']The great thing about that game--as the box clearly points out--is that you can also play The $100,000 Pyramid with it, which is important because the two shows are so vastly different.[/quote]
If you're lucky enough to have an early version, the instructions also said you could play The $1,000,000 Pyramid.  That would be cool, because you couldn't play that version with the later sets.  No way, they crossed out the million.

Seriously, it's too bad they don't have more game show stuff, though it's possible Clark may not have been all that interested in preserving that part of his career.  As I mentioned when this auction was first announced, I once saw in his office some of the orange category cards from Winner's Circle boards.  Some of those might be fun to have, though I doubt there would be all that much interest in them at auction.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

chad1m

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 05:46:13 PM »
Does anyone have an approximate idea of how big the cards would be/would have been?

Pyramid80

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 05:55:39 PM »
I really wish that all of this stuff could go into a Dick Clark museum or something, so that everyone could enjoy viewing it.  I know there is memorabilia in his restaurants, but compared to some of these things being auctions...it doesn't even compare.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 06:30:50 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'137866\' date=\'Nov 14 2006, 02:46 PM\']
Does anyone have an approximate idea of how big the cards would be/would have been?
[/quote]
About a foot square, maybe a little bigger.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 06:38:34 PM »
I would think they were a little bigger, just by eyeballing what a foot square is.  I think I recall one of the transparent ones from 25K/100K coming off at one point and it looked like about the size of a typical posterboard.  Can't imagine that ye oldie cards were that much different.
This signature is currently under construction.

Jay Temple

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 12:04:29 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'137859\' date=\'Nov 14 2006, 03:42 PM\']I once saw in his office ...
[/quote]
Damn, I love this place.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.