Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Merv Griffin on 9/10 Wayne Brady  (Read 4323 times)

DjohnsonCB

Merv Griffin on 9/10 Wayne Brady
« on: September 11, 2003, 01:18:09 AM »
When Merv appeared on Wayne's show, he mentioned all his old shows were in his own tape vault.  Presumably, this was his talk show he was referring to (although there IS one show from early 1974 I'd kill to see from the beginning with Barbara Eden as the initial guest and if it's in there...well, there's always hope).  But I wonder if he managed to secure at least a few eps of the game shows he hosted or produced--shows the networks didn't save.
Maybe he has a couple of Word For Word eps in color, or Play Your Hunch in color.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2003, 01:53:11 PM »
Man, you'd have to think that if he was interested in saving his work, he'd be interested in saving ALL of it.  I've still never seen an episode of Word For Word.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

WhammyPower

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2003, 07:37:04 AM »
[quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' date=\'Sep 11 2003, 12:18 AM\'] But I wonder if he managed to secure at least a few eps of the game shows he hosted or produced--shows the networks didn't save. [/quote]
 How about them Woolery WoF eps.?  If he has those, imagine what that might do for us...

zachhoran

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2003, 08:10:57 AM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'Sep 12 2003, 06:37 AM\']
How about them Woolery WoF eps.?  If he has those, imagine what that might do for us... [/quote]
 Besides that, how about the Fleming J! shows?

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2003, 09:23:57 AM »
I'd think that his personal collection would only be of shows he personally hosted.  And there's certainly every reason to believe that he was ONLY talking about his talk show, which would be the program in which he had the most personal investment.

Still, I think if he's got a personal archive of shows, it would be more likely that the archive would contain Word For Word than it would Woolery's or Fleming's efforts.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Terry K

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2003, 02:40:34 PM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'Sep 12 2003, 06:37 AM\'] [quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' date=\'Sep 11 2003, 12:18 AM\'] But I wonder if he managed to secure at least a few eps of the game shows he hosted or produced--shows the networks didn't save. [/quote]
How about them Woolery WoF eps.?  If he has those, imagine what that might do for us... [/quote]
 We know at least one Woolery ep is in existance (They showed a *clip* of it on Naturally Stoned, ep 6.  its where he comes out to start the show).

I'm not sure if they got that from Chuck's personal library, or if they got it from Merv himself.

OR...GSN may actually have a few eps of it.