Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ABC's "Set For (the Rest of Your) Life"  (Read 1734 times)

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
ABC's "Set For (the Rest of Your) Life"
« on: November 25, 2006, 01:00:41 PM »
Haven't heard any news about the Kimmel-hosted game for a while... has ABC's glee over getting Shatner to host a game - or perhaps the decision to go with another round of Dancing in March - killed the project?

(Not that it sounded like it would turn out to be any good... )
@lambertman

colonial

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 01:51:17 PM »
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' post=\'138782\' date=\'Nov 25 2006, 01:00 PM\']
Haven't heard any news about the Kimmel-hosted game for a while... has ABC's glee over getting Shatner to host a game - or perhaps the decision to go with another round of Dancing in March - killed the project?

(Not that it sounded like it would turn out to be any good... )
[/quote]

I thought I had read that *Set for Life* would premiere on New Year's Day, but that may have changed.

Maybe it's me, but I have a feeling ABC may hold off *Set for Life* until March, where it would air after *DWTS*.  Still contemplating where ABC may program *DWTS,* but I'm thinking the Alphabet may try to resume competitive programming on Fridays and Saturdays, with *DWTS* as the anchor both nights.

Perhaps:

Fridays (all times Eastern)

8p: DWTS
10p: 20/20

Saturdays (all times Eastern)

8p: DWTS results
9p: Set for Life
10: The Bachelor Infinity (since ABC announced this as coming back)

James

itiparanoid13

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 03:44:57 PM »
I have no idea about Set For Life.  Show Me the Money went down to a relatively disappointing number on Wednesday (5.2) could scare them away, but they'll probably wait for a non-holiday week (AKA next week), as more people will be on their asses watching television instead of traveling.  

This could complicate Set For Life: ABC is piloting a new game show called "Easy Money", which is said to involve no trivia, you just need to be lucky.  They might have completely retooled Set For Life.  And, to be honest, Set For Life is a show, by how it sounds, I would not be upset not to see on TV.  Might be different being seen, but it doesn't sound good whatsoever.

As a completely offtopic side note, I went to see For Your Consideration this afternoon (great movie BTW) and friggin Skylar Stone was a contestant.  The guy will not just go away.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 03:58:22 PM by itiparanoid13 »

Don Howard

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 10:35:55 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'138789\' date=\'Nov 25 2006, 03:44 PM\']
ABC is piloting a new game show called "Easy Money", which is said to involve no trivia, you just need to be lucky.[/quote]
Will there be ponies, doughnuts and Hummers up for grabs?
Perhaps it'll involve The Accountant (Banker is taken).
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 10:36:49 PM by Don Howard »