Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deal or No Deal  (Read 2129 times)

vtown7

Deal or No Deal
« on: November 28, 2006, 09:17:56 AM »
Just a heads up for our few members here from Ontario (and maybe those who border the province) that there's now a Deal or No Deal scratch card available for $3 from most retailers.  Premise is the same as the show (basically): scratch off the cases (no models) and eliminate what you haven't won.  There are fifteen money amounts ranging from $3 to $75,000 plus four NO DEAL amounts... whatever you have left after the eighteen cases are scratched you win.

I lucked out and won $100!  Winning aside it's something different from the usual Bingo/Crossword variants.

Cheers,

Ryan.

TimK2003

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 10:21:48 AM »
Unlike the bulk of the stateside instant lottery tickets out there where if you want a specific scratch off you get the next one on the roll, the Ontario scratch-offs are usually spread out in lots across a slotted display area and you can actually *choose* the specific game ticket you want.  

Fits right in there with the DOND concept of choosing your own case!!

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
Deal or No Deal
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 12:24:36 PM »
Makes perfect sense.  Unfortunately, I don't think US lotto games are that "innovative" anymore.

Got pictures?
This signature is currently under construction.

opimus

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 12:52:29 PM »
Illinois has had that ticket for over two months. It's a $3 ticket.

mmb5

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 02:25:26 PM »
[quote name=\'vtown7\' post=\'138991\' date=\'Nov 28 2006, 09:17 AM\']
Just a heads up for our few members here from Ontario (and maybe those who border the province) that there's now a Deal or No Deal scratch card available for $3 from most retailers.  Premise is the same as the show (basically): scratch off the cases (no models) and eliminate what you haven't won.  There are fifteen money amounts ranging from $3 to $75,000 plus four NO DEAL amounts... whatever you have left after the eighteen cases are scratched you win.

I lucked out and won $100!  Winning aside it's something different from the usual Bingo/Crossword variants.

Cheers,

Ryan.
[/quote]
Picture here.  Note that if a U.S. resident wins $1,000 or more, they have to pick up their prize in Toronto.  It's tax free, though.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

mcsittel

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 06:06:02 PM »
[quote name=\'opimus\' post=\'139030\' date=\'Nov 28 2006, 11:52 AM\']
Illinois has had that ticket for over two months. It's a $3 ticket.
[/quote]

Have they stopped selling it?  I bought one in Chicagoland on Veteran's Day weekend.  I like that almost everywhere in Illinois I went they had the vending machines for scratchers.  So you could pick and choose what you wanted rather than enduring the ire of the clerk when you ask for all different tickets!

For a $3 ticket, it was a good time (except for the part where I lost at the end)!

peiboy91

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 10:23:35 PM »
You can see some of the other DoND scratchers here. Roll your mouse over the DoND logo when it scrolls by and the different scratchers will be listed on the left. They're so popular that according to this press release it's set a record in the number of lotteries running it.

TimK2003

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 09:32:20 AM »
[quote name=\'peiboy91\' post=\'139076\' date=\'Nov 28 2006, 11:23 PM\']
You can see some of the other DoND scratchers here. Roll your mouse over the DoND logo when it scrolls by and the different scratchers will be listed on the left. They're so popular that according to this press release it's set a record in the number of lotteries running it.
[/quote]

$10 DOND tickets in Delaware?!?  The largest priced ticket in one of the smallest states in the U.S???

<shrug>

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
Deal or No Deal
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 12:18:44 PM »
It's tax-free, remember.  And besides, the Deleware Lottery cannot live on Powerball tickets alone.
This signature is currently under construction.

mmb5

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 12:59:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'139102\' date=\'Nov 29 2006, 12:18 PM\']
It's tax-free, remember.  And besides, the Deleware Lottery cannot live on Powerball tickets alone.
[/quote]
Not exactly.  It is Delaware state-tax-free.  The Feds will still take their chunk.  And the state you live in will take their chunk if they do that.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Terry K

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 06:03:42 PM »
...and the damn missouri lottery continues their damn 'match our number to yours' games...