Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Eubanks, Winker join the "IvC" Mob this week  (Read 5669 times)

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
Eubanks, Winker join the "IvC" Mob this week
« on: November 28, 2006, 03:19:49 PM »
...oh yeah, and Keven Federline, who is someone the kids like. Except they don't.

All in the Hollywood 1 vs. 100s, this Friday night on the NBC-GE-Universal-KMart.

(Source: NBC press release just sent out.)

K-Fed is the price we pay to get more septugenarian emcees on the TV...
@lambertman

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 03:26:10 PM »
Two of the all-time emcees, a WSOP bracelet winner, the reigning World Series MVP...and K-Fed.

They can't all be winners, eh?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

GS Warehouse

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 03:41:20 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'139047\' date=\'Nov 28 2006, 03:26 PM\']Two of the all-time emcees, a WSOP bracelet winner, the reigning World Series MVP...[/quote]Don't forget the obligatory star of IvC's* lead-out.

* Including spaces, 1 vs. 100 contains only nine chars.  Is it really nec to abbrev that?

[quote date=\'same post\']...and K-Fed.[/quote]Looks like Fed-Ex's album isn't paying his alimony.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 03:42:05 PM by GS Warehouse »

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 05:17:05 PM »
I wondered about this from the first episode, when they essentially built Ken Jennings up as a celebrity player.  Why not have celebrity mob members?  Seems like a possibility for NBC cross-promotion too.  (We have six cast members from Heroes!)

To hear Ken's account on his blog, they felt they had to treat him -- and all mob members -- just like any other contestant, but surely they're handling Wink and Bob like celebrities.  As long as everybody plays the game fair and square, we already know that they can put whomever they want in the Great Big Set, so what's the big deal if some of them are "stars" and get a nicer dressing room, expenses paid, stuff like that?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 07:01:27 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' post=\'139048\' date=\'Nov 28 2006, 03:41 PM\']
* Including spaces, 1 vs. 100 contains only nine chars.  Is it really nec to abbrev that?
[/quote]
Ummm...Jeopardy! is nine, including the exclamation point. Doesn't stop folks from abbreviating that.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

GS Warehouse

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 07:56:21 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'139053\' date=\'Nov 28 2006, 05:17 PM\']... (We have six cast members from Heroes!) ...[/quote]
That stunt may have to wait until next year, when Hayden Panettiere turns 18.

[builds time machine to go to the year 2020, when Hayden will be 31 (my current age)]

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 07:08:32 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'139053\' date=\'Nov 28 2006, 05:17 PM\']
I wondered about this from the first episode, when they essentially built Ken Jennings up as a celebrity player.  Why not have celebrity mob members?  Seems like a possibility for NBC cross-promotion too.  (We have six cast members from Heroes!)
[/quote]

At the rate "The Office" is going, they could have an all-"Office" episode by May.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 08:29:12 PM »
[quote name=\'Adam Nedeff\' post=\'139134\' date=\'Nov 29 2006, 07:08 PM\']
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'139053\' date=\'Nov 28 2006, 05:17 PM\']
[/quote]

At the rate "The Office" is going, they could have an all-"Office" episode by May.[/quote]
I hadn't seen the promo when I posted, but now it appears that they are indeed featuring Las Vegas cast members.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TheInquisitiveOne

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 11:05:14 PM »
As long as Ali Larter is still in the mob, I'll take the mob over the money any day. :)

The Inquisitive One (back after a long hiatus)
This is the Way.

aaron sica

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 11:09:51 PM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' post=\'139148\' date=\'Nov 29 2006, 11:05 PM\']
As long as Ali Larter is still in the mob, I'll take the mob over the money any day. :)

The Inquisitive One (back after a long hiatus)
[/quote]

Episodes of "Heroes" on DVD have been making their way around our office, and I haven't gotten a chance to watch any yet. My first glimpse of Ali Larter was this past week at the Thanksgiving Day parade. Holy crap, yeah, I'll take the mob over $$$ any day too. She is one hell of a gorgeous woman. Off to BB&B I go!

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 11:27:55 PM »
I've just come up with a new game concept titled "Gimmie the Money Now---or Larter."
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BrandonFG

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2006, 11:29:27 PM »
Hmmm...lots of celebrities...why not get some of the "Sopranos" co-stars to be part of the "Mob"?

/Too obvious?

ObGameShow: Steve Schrippa was on Donny-mid
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Brig Bother

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 03:51:16 AM »
It would be quite funny if they had someone with 100 ex-spouses on there, then they can say that they were literally married to the mob.

joshg

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2006, 03:52:04 AM »
At the rate "The Office" is going, they could have an all-"Office" episode by May.
I hadn't seen the promo when I posted, but now it appears that they are indeed featuring Las Vegas cast members.

...which is handy since Las Vegas films on the stage across from 1 vs 100.
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

DrBear

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2006, 10:16:41 AM »
Question on Heroes night:

There's a cheerleader in trouble. Do you:
A. Save the cheerleader.
B. Save the world.
C. Turn to Monday Night Football.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.