Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Match Game DVD  (Read 3207 times)

GSFan

Match Game DVD
« on: November 30, 2006, 08:40:25 AM »
It seems that I can't find a copy of the Match Game DVD in any store I visit?  Is anyone else having the same problem?

David
March 26, 2023 - 50 years of Pyramid!

Matt Ottinger

Match Game DVD
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 09:31:08 AM »
[quote name=\'GSFan\' post=\'139164\' date=\'Nov 30 2006, 08:40 AM\']
It seems that I can't find a copy of the Match Game DVD in any store I visit?  Is anyone else having the same problem?[/quote]
The company that's releasing it is kinda small, and no matter what WE might think, this is not a particularly momentous release.  If ordering online isn't an option for you, you may have to ask a local store if they would order you a copy.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

GSFan

Match Game DVD
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 10:42:02 AM »
Thanks for the information, Matt.  I didn't realize that Brentwood was such a small company.  I've ordered it from Amazon; they say it'll take three to six weeks to arrive.
March 26, 2023 - 50 years of Pyramid!

entguy1

Match Game DVD
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 10:55:13 AM »
Taking the recommendation from someone on this board, I got mine from DeepDiscountDVD.com. Only $19, free shipping. It doesn't always beat Amazon's prices, but it's worth a look.

Matt Ottinger

Match Game DVD
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 12:13:42 PM »
[quote name=\'GSFan\' post=\'139175\' date=\'Nov 30 2006, 10:42 AM\']
Thanks for the information, Matt.  I didn't realize that Brentwood was such a small company.  I've ordered it from Amazon; they say it'll take three to six weeks to arrive.[/quote]
It sounds like Amazon was caught by surprise and ran out; they ought to be able to ship a new release in a matter of a few days.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Match Game DVD
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 12:38:33 PM »
[quote name=\'entguy1\' post=\'139176\' date=\'Nov 30 2006, 07:55 AM\']
Taking the recommendation from someone on this board, I got mine from DeepDiscountDVD.com. Only $19, free shipping. It doesn't always beat Amazon's prices, but it's worth a look.
[/quote]
The advantage of DDDVD is twofold: one, the free shipping, and two, for those of us in Washington, no sales tax, which always adds a buck or two onto Amazon's prices. So unless Amazon is five bucks cheaper, they're not gonna beat DDDVD.

(For me, also, is the nice bonus that DDDVD ships via USPS in nice small boxes that they can stick on my apartment mailbox. When you live in an apartment complex, FedEx and UPS packages can be a pain in the ass to pick up, but I can get my mail anytime.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

mmb5

Match Game DVD
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 12:56:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'139166\' date=\'Nov 30 2006, 09:31 AM\']
The company that's releasing it is kinda small, and no matter what WE might think, this is not a particularly momentous release.  If ordering online isn't an option for you, you may have to ask a local store if they would order you a copy.
[/quote]
However, it is being distributed by the major DVD distributors, so it shouldn't be that difficult to have a copy ordered.  From the sales figures I see before me (but I cannot quote exactly, since it would be job dehancing), it is selling roughly the same amount of copies as the 18-disc set of the first three seasons of 7th Heaven, the re-release of Warren Beatty's Reds, and the latest Baby Geniuses direct-to-video.

--Mike
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 12:57:31 PM by mmb5 »
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Jimmy Owen

Match Game DVD
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 01:07:51 PM »
[quote name=\'mmb5\' post=\'139191\' date=\'Nov 30 2006, 12:56 PM\']
From the sales figures I see before me (but I cannot quote exactly, since it would be job dehancing), it is selling roughly the same amount of copies as the 18-disc set of the first three seasons of 7th Heaven, the re-release of Warren Beatty's Reds, and the latest Baby Geniuses direct-to-video.

--Mike
[/quote]

Ummm, is that good or bad?

They had three at the Saginaw Best Buy when I checked. I didn't see it at any other brick and mortar retailer.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Tim L

Match Game DVD
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 02:37:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'139194\' date=\'Nov 30 2006, 01:07 PM\']
[quote name=\'mmb5\' post=\'139191\' date=\'Nov 30 2006, 12:56 PM\']
From the sales figures I see before me (but I cannot quote exactly, since it would be job dehancing), it is selling roughly the same amount of copies as the 18-disc set of the first three seasons of 7th Heaven, the re-release of Warren Beatty's Reds, and the latest Baby Geniuses direct-to-video.

--Mike
[/quote]

Ummm, is that good or bad?

They had three at the Saginaw Best Buy when I checked. I didn't see it at any other brick and mortar retailer.
[/quote]

I find, for new releases, even relatively obscure ones find their way to Best Buy and Circuit City, while some heavily advertised ones never find their way to Wal-Mart..

Casey

Match Game DVD
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 05:46:35 PM »
I found that two of the Best Buy stores in my area had it in stock (you can check on their website to see if the stores around you have it in stock).  The one I went to didn't have lots sitting out, but I'd say 5 or 6 sets were on the shelf.

Tony

Match Game DVD
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006, 03:20:46 PM »
My local Best Buy had about 4 to 5 copies on one of the front-of-the-store tables they always sets up for end-of-year gift-buying.  When I was last there (last Tuesday, 11/28), it was down to one.

PYLW

Match Game DVD
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2006, 11:54:28 PM »
I went into Best Buy, FYE, and a DVD store in the mall. All sold out. I guess Long Island has big Match Game fans or something...

Don Howard

Match Game DVD
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2006, 08:58:50 AM »
And, of course, there's always eBay.
I saw some copies available in their Buy It Now area just this morning.

PYLW

Match Game DVD
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2006, 10:57:12 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'139330\' date=\'Dec 2 2006, 08:58 AM\'] And, of course, there's always eBay.
I saw some copies available in their Buy It Now area just this morning. [/quote]

Yeah, that's what I'm going to have to resort to. I'm just really hoping I find a good price with a decent shipping charge...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 10:57:25 AM by PYLW »

Casey

Match Game DVD
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2006, 12:42:37 PM »
Any ideas how well this is selling?  Or, has anyone heard of any possibilities of a second set?  (I know, probably too early to speculate....)