Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Millionaire rights sold  (Read 3766 times)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Millionaire rights sold
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2006, 07:42:31 PM »
As I said, all Brian would have had to do is to say something like "a group of shows that included Millionaire" or "Millionaire and some other shows you've probably never heard of" or the like.
Look, this isn't the New York Times. Again, Brian's post is not false on its face because 2waytraffic did put up 106 million pounds and they did get the rights to Millionaire in return, and that is precisely how the BBC headline was written. You're basically accusing the BBC of publishing false information.

One fact that everyone is overlooking is that Chris Pye is involved in the deal. Someone with a copy of EOTVGS at hand can tell us which U.S. shows he has worked on.

dzinkin

Millionaire rights sold
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2006, 08:13:38 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'139553\' date=\'Dec 4 2006, 07:42 PM\']
As I said, all Brian would have had to do is to say something like "a group of shows that included Millionaire" or "Millionaire and some other shows you've probably never heard of" or the like.
Look, this isn't the New York Times. Again, Brian's post is not false on its face because 2waytraffic did put up 106 million pounds and they did get the rights to Millionaire in return, and that is precisely how the BBC headline was written. You're basically accusing the BBC of publishing false information.
[/quote]
The BBC headline was written that way, but the article was not.  I'm sure none of us has seen a misleading headline in our lifetimes. :-)  If Brian had read just the headline before reporting it that way it would have been understandable, but he read the whole article and still reported it that way.

I think it's time to end this before we get into a discussion of whether the BBC or the NY Times is less credible.  (IMO the reputed words of Yogi Berra say it best: "Seven of one, half dozen of the other." :-P)

One fact that everyone is overlooking is that Chris Pye is involved in the deal. Someone with a copy of EOTVGS at hand can tell us which U.S. shows he has worked on.
Per IMDB, if it's the same Chris Pye he was involved in the legendary Games People Play.