Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Future of Zinman Fur Episodes...  (Read 2186 times)

TimK2003

The Future of Zinman Fur Episodes...
« on: December 03, 2006, 08:32:25 PM »
With the retirement of Bob Barker now on the radar, does anybody know what effect this will or may have on the old TPiR episodes which contained furs?

If anyone were ever to air the old episodes again, would the fur episodes still be banned after his retirement   (either by a 'gentleman's agreement' or out of general respect for Bob),  a lifetime ban (meaning when Bob does get called to the big bonus game in the sky, anything goes thereafter), or is it a permanent ban?

Scrabbleship

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 10:27:03 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'139461\' date=\'Dec 3 2006, 08:32 PM\']
With the retirement of Bob Barker now on the radar, does anybody know what effect this will or may have on the old TPiR episodes which contained furs?

If anyone were ever to air the old episodes again, would the fur episodes still be banned after his retirement   (either by a 'gentleman's agreement' or out of general respect for Bob),  a lifetime ban (meaning when Bob does get called to the big bonus game in the sky, anything goes thereafter), or is it a permanent ban?
[/quote]

I'd assume permenent. Bob seems to be too self-concious and regretful of his past to ever want to admit that such stuff happened, which is a real downside since none of the similar cohort of animal rights pioneers didn't get so out there with wanting to cover their past tracks.

Why nobody approached Bob with the idea of having GSN air any fur episodes with two minutes of PETA PSA's is beyond me. Even with the general disdain of PETA (though less 10 years ago than today), it'd have been a fair compromise in the vein of the smoking PSA's on cigarette-sponsered panel shows.

Neumms

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 12:39:07 PM »
[quote name=\'Scrabbleship\' post=\'139470\' date=\'Dec 3 2006, 10:27 PM\']
Why nobody approached Bob with the idea of having GSN air any fur episodes with two minutes of PETA PSA's is beyond me. Even with the general disdain of PETA (though less 10 years ago than today), it'd have been a fair compromise in the vein of the smoking PSA's on cigarette-sponsered panel shows.
[/quote]

Whether GSN would bother to pursue it is a question, but it's a smart idea. I've done a little research on cigarette advertising, and smoking increased after the TV ad ban took place--part of the reason for that is the simultaneous halt to anti-smoking PSAs the tobacco companies had previously funded. Your idea would make for compelling communication--at least to those fur wearers who love 25 year old game shows.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 12:39:35 PM by Neumms »

Scrabbleship

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 12:54:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' post=\'139513\' date=\'Dec 4 2006, 12:39 PM\']
[quote name=\'Scrabbleship\' post=\'139470\' date=\'Dec 3 2006, 10:27 PM\']
[/quote]

Whether GSN would bother to pursue it is a question, but it's a smart idea. I've done a little research on cigarette advertising, and smoking increased after the TV ad ban took place--part of the reason for that is the simultaneous halt to anti-smoking PSAs the tobacco companies had previously funded. Your idea would make for compelling communication--at least to those fur wearers who love 25 year old game shows.
[/quote]

You might make a good point. What if fur makes a comeback of sorts, especially with the devolution of PETA in recent years? However, fur today is not like cigarettes 35 years ago, a whole generation of people has lived in a world where fur is not necessairly desirable

I'd still take two minutes of PETA's overwrought shenanigans and possibly a pretaped in the present message from Bob apologizing for his past actions if it meant getting the first episode rerun.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 01:47:33 PM »
[quote name=\'Scrabbleship\' post=\'139516\' date=\'Dec 4 2006, 09:54 AM\']
I'd still take two minutes of PETA's overwrought shenanigans and possibly a pretaped in the present message from Bob apologizing for his past actions if it meant getting the first episode rerun.
[/quote]
If you think Bob is going to pretape an apology for anything, you haven't been paying attention. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Scrabbleship

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 02:34:23 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'139523\' date=\'Dec 4 2006, 01:47 PM\']
[quote name=\'Scrabbleship\' post=\'139516\' date=\'Dec 4 2006, 09:54 AM\']
[/quote]
If you think Bob is going to pretape an apology for anything, you haven't been paying attention. :)
[/quote]

That I know, that I know:-p.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 03:04:05 PM »
[quote name=\'Scrabbleship\' post=\'139526\' date=\'Dec 4 2006, 11:34 AM\']
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'139523\' date=\'Dec 4 2006, 01:47 PM\']
[/quote]
That I know, that I know:-p.
[/quote]
Then you, sir (or ma'am, I suppose - I realized I know not of your gender), are already ahead of the game, which is more than can be said for a lot of folks here. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe