Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy!  (Read 2158 times)

golden-road

Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy!
« on: December 02, 2006, 03:37:15 PM »
Starting last night, my CBS station (KBCI, Boise) aired Wheel in 16:9 while J! stayed in 4:3. That got me thinking, which markets air these in HD, and which markets air in Standard?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 03:58:27 PM »
[quote name=\'golden-road\' post=\'139365\' date=\'Dec 2 2006, 12:37 PM\']
Starting last night, my CBS station (KBCI, Boise) aired Wheel in 16:9 while J! stayed in 4:3. That got me thinking, which markets air these in HD, and which markets air in Standard?
[/quote]
I imagine it did.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

bandit_bobby

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 04:18:15 PM »
I got Wheel in Letterbox format as well last Friday night. I think this will be permanent on all TV stations who carry the show from now on. They'll probably do it to J! as well.

clemon79

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 05:13:12 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' post=\'139435\' date=\'Dec 3 2006, 01:18 PM\']
I got Wheel in Letterbox format as well last Friday night. I think this will be permanent on all TV stations who carry the show from now on. They'll probably do it to J! as well.
[/quote]
Interesting. I'd prefer to get it in outright hi-def in Seattle, but at least this way I can set my TV to stretch the picture so it takes up all of my widescreen.

Steve McClellan

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 11:31:59 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'139440\' date=\'Dec 3 2006, 05:13 PM\'] [quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' post=\'139435\' date=\'Dec 3 2006, 01:18 PM\']
[/quote]
Interesting. I'd prefer to get it in outright hi-def in Seattle, but at least this way I can set my TV to stretch the picture so it takes up all of my widescreen. [/quote]
Then again, you probably won't have to, as your "source" certainly appears to be speaking ex rectum after seeing one episode. A more likely guess is that they sent the wrong feed out for that one episode, and everything will be back to normal this evening.

clemon79

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 11:37:58 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve McClellan\' post=\'139508\' date=\'Dec 4 2006, 08:31 AM\']
Then again, you probably won't have to, as your "source" certainly appears to be speaking ex rectum after seeing one episode. A more likely guess is that they sent the wrong feed out for that one episode, and everything will be back to normal this evening.
[/quote]
Yeah, true. Time will tell, and it costs me nothing to have a look. (Though, with the Sharks playing tonight, I'll have to try to remember to look between the second and third periods.)

bandit_bobby

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 09:30:00 PM »
The Letterbox format on my regular TV apparently was a fluke, after seeing Monday's WOF show.

clemon79

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 09:37:46 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' post=\'139569\' date=\'Dec 4 2006, 06:30 PM\']
The Letterbox format on my regular TV apparently was a fluke, after seeing Monday's WOF show.
[/quote]
'Magine that. Well, at least he posted before it aired in my area, so I can stick with the hockey game.