Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Do Any CBS Affiliates Not Air The Price Is Right?  (Read 7718 times)

Skynet74

Do Any CBS Affiliates Not Air The Price Is Right?
« on: September 12, 2003, 03:45:38 AM »
I attended a taping of the show during the early 90's and Bob mentioned that San Francisco didn't air the show back then. I'm just wondering if there are any CBS affiliates now that don't air the show.

John

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2003, 09:45:06 AM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Sep 12 2003, 02:45 AM\'] I attended a taping of the show during the early 90's and Bob mentioned that San Francisco didn't air the show back then. I'm just wondering if there are any CBS affiliates now that don't air the show.

John [/quote]
 Back in the mid 90s, KGAN-2 Cedar Rapids-Dubuque-Iowa City-Waterloo did not air the show either.  Then, for a time they aired it at 2:00.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

GSWitch

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2003, 12:23:39 PM »
From 1980-1982, KHOU in Houston, Texas replaced TPIR with Hour Magazine!

I missed out on the debut of The Grand Game & seeing Pauline chasing Bob Barker after being the 1st $10,000 winner!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2003, 12:24:08 PM by GSWitch »

zachhoran

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2003, 12:31:53 PM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Sep 12 2003, 11:23 AM\'] From 1980-1982, KHOU in Houston, Texas replaced TPIR with Hour Magazine!

I missed out on the debut of The Grand Game & seeing Pauline chasing Bob Barker after being the 1st $10,000 winner! [/quote]
 I just can't fathom any CBS station not airing TPIR, given it's legendary status on the network.

aaron sica

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2003, 12:44:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Sep 12 2003, 02:45 AM\'] I attended a taping of the show during the early 90's and Bob mentioned that San Francisco didn't air the show back then. I'm just wondering if there are any CBS affiliates now that don't air the show.

John [/quote]
 I wonder when KPIX finally relented and decided to start airing it...

Along the same lines though.....Do any CBS stations air the show at a timeslot other than its regular one?

Terry K

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2003, 02:35:39 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Sep 12 2003, 11:44 AM\'] [quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Sep 12 2003, 02:45 AM\'] I attended a taping of the show during the early 90's and Bob mentioned that San Francisco didn't air the show back then. I'm just wondering if there are any CBS affiliates now that don't air the show.

John [/quote]
I wonder when KPIX finally relented and decided to start airing it...

Along the same lines though.....Do any CBS stations air the show at a timeslot other than its regular one? [/quote]
 Actually, the late 1990s (after CBS took over Group W, TPIR showed back up on KPIX)

And yes, KMOV in St. Louis delays TPIR until 11am (which is not its god-given time in all time zones other than the east, its 10 am)

KGWC in Casper, WY airs it at 9, as does KCLO in Rapid City (KCLO takes a feed from KELO in Sioux Falls, which is Central Time, KCLO is in Mt. Time)

SteveRep

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2003, 02:43:39 PM »
Channel 9 in DC went a LONG time without showing TPIR in the late 70s and early 80s.

They also didn't show Eubanks CS, as well as any other CBS game shows that were on at that time.

Yup, even Pyramid.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2003, 02:53:31 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Sep 12 2003, 09:44 AM\'] I wonder when KPIX finally relented and decided to start airing it...
Along the same lines though.....Do any CBS stations air the show at a timeslot other than its regular one? [/quote]
 Well, for a while PIX was running it at 3:00P, before Tattletales / Match Game at 4:00 / 4:30.

I would imagine they started running it at the right time about the same time they stopped doing People Are Talking in the mornings... :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

daveromanjr

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2003, 04:39:48 PM »
[quote name=\'SteveRep\' date=\'Sep 12 2003, 01:43 PM\'] Channel 9 in DC went a LONG time without showing TPIR in the late 70s and early 80s.

They also didn't show Eubanks CS, as well as any other CBS game shows that were on at that time.

Yup, even Pyramid. [/quote]
 Wow that would suck missing CS, TPiR and Pyramid... I wonder channel 9 would do that?

rugrats1

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2003, 07:28:48 PM »
I wonder channel 9 would do that?

Probably because they felt it was more lurcative carrying syndicated programming than network shows.

As a matter of fact, WEYI ch.25 in Saginaw, MI (back when they were a CBS station), didn't carry Price during the mid-to-late 1970s, as they carried syndicated programs instead (such as reruns of \"That Girl\").

trainman

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2003, 12:08:58 AM »
CBS affiliate WTVT in Tampa didn't carry TPIR from September to December 1994...

...instead, it aired on ABC affiliate WTSP.

(There was a 3-way ABC/CBS/Fox affiliation switch in December 1994, but \"CBS This Morning,\" \"Good Morning America,\" and TPIR all made an early move to their new homes.)
trainman is a man of trains

GSWitch

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2003, 10:04:02 AM »
[quote name=\'trainman\' date=\'Sep 12 2003, 11:08 PM\'] CBS affiliate WTVT in Tampa didn't carry TPIR from September to December 1994...

(There was a 3-way ABC/CBS/Fox affiliation switch in December 1994, but "CBS This Morning," "Good Morning America," and TPIR all made an early move to their new homes.) [/quote]
 Back in Dallas in 1994, KDFW-4 (then CBS/now FOX) dropped TPIR for Donahue (along with Bold & Beautiful with an hour long local news).  Both those CBS daytime shows were moved to KTVT-11 (then Independent/now CBS).  When KDFW became Fox, KTVT became CBS & got the remaining CBS shows.

Rod even mentioned the show switching stations when Bob asked him how's Fort Worth.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2003, 12:10:13 PM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Sep 13 2003, 09:04 AM\'] [quote name=\'trainman\' date=\'Sep 12 2003, 11:08 PM\'] CBS affiliate WTVT in Tampa didn't carry TPIR from September to December 1994...

(There was a 3-way ABC/CBS/Fox affiliation switch in December 1994, but \"CBS This Morning,\" \"Good Morning America,\" and TPIR all made an early move to their new homes.) [/quote]
Back in Dallas in 1994, KDFW-4 (then CBS/now FOX) dropped TPIR for Donahue (along with Bold & Beautiful with an hour long local news).  Both those CBS daytime shows were moved to KTVT-11 (then Independent/now CBS).  When KDFW became Fox, KTVT became CBS & got the remaining CBS shows.

Rod even mentioned the show switching stations when Bob asked him how's Fort Worth. [/quote]
And in Chicago, from late 1981 through sometime in August 1986, WBBM-2 aired TPIR at 3PM CT (after GUIDING LIGHT).  I'm also reasonably sure (but not totally positive) that it was being aired on a one-day delay (in spite of it being aired LATER than its original time slot).  WBBM also aired CBS' 9AM CT offerings  one hour later, also on a one-day delay (they also aired CBS' 12N ET/4PM ET shows at 11AM CT on that same one-day delay).  This was all tied in to DONAHUE moving over from WGN.  When WBBM lost DONAHUE to WMAQ-5, PYRAMID, CS86 and TPIR were restored to their regular time slots and were off delay, but PYL stayed at 11AM and stayed on delay.

As an aside and completely unrelated, the whole hour of FAMILY FEUD CHALLENGE never aired in Chicago (Chicago only cleared the second half--airing it after TPIR).

Doug--soon to celebrate 100 posts (and getting ever so close)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2003, 12:11:36 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

ChuckNet

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2003, 04:59:51 PM »
Channel 9 in DC went a LONG time without showing TPIR in the late 70s and early 80s.

By the mid-80s, they finally began clearing TPiR, but continued to leave the 10-11 AM games homeless...I also recall seeing, in a Wahington-Baltimore TVG I picked up on a trip to DC in '89, that Baltimore's CBS affiliate, WBAL (Ch. 11, now w/NBC), didn't carry Combs FF or NYSI '89 either.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

ChuckNet

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2003, 05:01:33 PM »
And in Chicago, from late 1981 through sometime in August 1986, WBBM-2 aired TPIR at 3PM CT (after GUIDING LIGHT).

I also recall LA's KCBS (Ch. 2) airing TPiR at 3 PM for a time in the mid-90s.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")