Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: No (Syndication) `Deal' for Howie  (Read 6380 times)

TimK2003

No (Syndication) `Deal' for Howie
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2006, 07:31:56 PM »
[quote name=\'colonial\' post=\'139872\' date=\'Dec 7 2006, 11:23 AM\']
 On the game side, Family Feud may be on the bubble -- a lot of it will depend on how well Debnar-Mercury does with promoting the show to affiliates, as well as the possibility of FF being paired with a proposed MG revival in the fall (B&C reported Fremantle pitching an MG revival a few weeks ago).
[/quote]

FWIW, it was not even a week after news that D-M was taking over the Feud when they called our station to "introduce" themselves (since we currently air the Feud), so hopefully they are doing it to see what needs to be tweaked rather than already *begging* stations to keep it on their schedules for next season.

Terry K

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2006, 01:49:03 AM »
[quote name=\'colonial\' post=\'139872\' date=\'Dec 7 2006, 11:23 AM\']
Given the lack of good sitcom reruns becoming available in the coming years, stations are going to be looking for fresh syndicated programming to fill holes once the *Seinfeld* and *Friends* reruns of the world finally get stale.

Another thing to consider is MyNetwork TV.  Is this network going to be around next fall, given how the ratings for their programming is bordering on PAX/i levels?  I can't see stations not owned by Fox enthusiastically picking up a second season of programs from MNTV.
[/quote]

For what its worth, in Kansas City, the Pax/I station beats MNTV in the ratings with its Mama's Family reruns!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2006, 02:27:42 AM »
[quote name=\'Terry K\' post=\'139946\' date=\'Dec 8 2006, 01:49 AM\']
For what its worth, in Kansas City, the Pax/I station beats MNTV in the ratings with its Mama's Family reruns!
[/quote]

Wow. Just...if that's not a sign you should quit now while you still can, I don't know what is.

(referring to the ratings, of course)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 02:28:12 AM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

uncamark

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2006, 12:29:57 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'139947\' date=\'Dec 8 2006, 01:27 AM\']
[quote name=\'Terry K\' post=\'139946\' date=\'Dec 8 2006, 01:49 AM\']
[/quote]

Wow. Just...if that's not a sign you should quit now while you still can, I don't know what is.

(referring to the ratings, of course)
[/quote]

My's committed to a third round of novelas, which I believe have gone into production.  But unless they can turn the corner, they had better be considering something else for summer.

And I assume that one of our mods is having a big heaping helping of schadenfreude at seeing Roger Ailes' problems with My.