Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game show personalities on Dr. Phil  (Read 1443 times)

brianhenke

Game show personalities on Dr. Phil
« on: December 12, 2006, 05:51:02 PM »
Dr. Phil has had two shows on in the last few days that have featured game show personalities, and therefore is on topic here.

Friday, Danny Bonaduce was a guest. Dr. Phil told him to get his life in order or his marriage is kaput.

Today, he had on a model from Deal or No Deal. She (didn't catch her name) said that she objected to the use of very skinny models, which led Spain to banish them from the runways. (For those who haven't seen it yet, the first segment of the show is absolutely shocking.)

Brian
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 05:51:40 PM by brianhenke »
The leaves start to change color in May?

aaron sica

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 06:19:58 PM »
Come on now. Danny Bonaduce hosted ONE game show which didn't last long on GSN. You're really stretching it, Henke.

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 06:20:51 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' post=\'140319\' date=\'Dec 12 2006, 05:51 PM\']
Dr. Phil has had two shows on in the last few days that have featured game show personalities, and therefore is on topic here.
[/quote]
So? I'm sorry...I don't have an issue with the post, as much as I do with Henke feeling he needs to preface his post with a disclaimer. It gives me the impression that he's sick of being criticized for his mostly irrelevant references.

Just make the post, don't be so defensive. Perhaps if more of your posts were about more than someone on "SportsCenter" using a game show catchphrase, or that Greed post in the Obits/Birthday board, you wouldn't be so heavily criticized. Take some responsibility and stop trying to pass the buck.

ObGameShow: Pass the Buck wasn't that bad.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

joe_capitano

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 06:50:06 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' post=\'140319\' date=\'Dec 12 2006, 02:51 PM\']Today, he had on a model from Deal or No Deal. She (didn't catch her name) [/quote]
That would be (1) Claudia Jordan, and I'm with her 100%. Models should not have to become unhealthy 'stick figures' in order to keep a job.

dzinkin

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 06:51:13 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'140323\' date=\'Dec 12 2006, 06:20 PM\']
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' post=\'140319\' date=\'Dec 12 2006, 05:51 PM\']
[/quote]
So? I'm sorry...I don't have an issue with the post, as much as I do with Henke feeling he needs to preface his post with a disclaimer. It gives me the impression that he's sick of being criticized for his mostly irrelevant references.
[/quote]
I think it's actually a holdover from when Brian was regularly posting things that weren't game show related at all, even when stretched well beyond all reasonable limits, and claiming that they were just so he could put his name on a post.  (An example was his post about a QVC host who said "...the price is right..." in trying to sell an item.)  He hasn't pulled stunts like that in a long time, so why he insists on the disclaimer now is beyond me, unless he's under the false impression that the disclaimer somehow makes his post even more relevant.

I've said it before (not only to Brian) and I'll say it again.  If it's really game show related, it's game show related even if you don't say that it is.  If it's not really game show related, it's not game show related even if you do say that it is.