Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game show week 2 on H2  (Read 6303 times)

cmjb13

Game show week 2 on H2
« on: September 12, 2003, 06:35:05 AM »
Would have like to have met Tom Kennedy, but at least I saw last years...

From tvgameshows.net  

Wake up the echoes: the game show legends are invading Hollywood Squares for a second straight year.
     Saturday, a week of shows will be taped at CBS Television City with Name That Tune, Split Second and You Don't Say! emcee Tom Kennedy joining the celebrity panel. Original Hollywood Squares regular Rose Marie returns to the game she populated for nearly 15 years.
     Let's Make a Deal legend Monty Hall is on board, along with returnee Bob Eubanks. Among the other newcomers: Nipsey Russell, who is considered the transitional celebrity who opened the door for more minority game show stars, and Laugh-In's Jo Anne Worley, who was everywhere on game shows in the '70s and '80s.
     Squares will air the episodes later in the fall. The first Game Show Legends Week last December drew acclaim from both classic game fans and media analysts.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

WhammyPower

Game show week 2 on H2
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2003, 07:32:08 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Sep 12 2003, 05:35 AM\'] emcee Tom Kennedy, Hollywood Squares regular Rose Marie, Let's Make a Deal legend Monty Hall, returnee Bob Eubanks, Nipsey Russell, Jo Anne Worley. [/quote]
 Boy, if Kathy Griffin comes back, I'm-a gonna shoot myself.

zachhoran

Game show week 2 on H2
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2003, 08:13:27 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Sep 12 2003, 05:35 AM\'] Would have like to have met Tom Kennedy, but at least I saw last years...

From tvgameshows.net  

Wake up the echoes: the game show legends are invading Hollywood Squares for a second straight year.
     Saturday, a week of shows will be taped at CBS Television City with Name That Tune, Split Second and You Don't Say! emcee Tom Kennedy joining the celebrity panel. Original Hollywood Squares regular Rose Marie returns to the game she populated for nearly 15 years.
     Let's Make a Deal legend Monty Hall is on board, along with returnee Bob Eubanks. Among the other newcomers: Nipsey Russell, who is considered the transitional celebrity who opened the door for more minority game show stars, and Laugh-In's Jo Anne Worley, who was everywhere on game shows in the '70s and '80s.
     Squares will air the episodes later in the fall. The first Game Show Legends Week last December drew acclaim from both classic game fans and media analysts. [/quote]
 Nipsey hasn't done a game show in 15 years($100K Pyramid was his last), it'll be nice to see him again. Joanne hasn't done one since Davidson $100K in 1991. Peter Marshall SHOULD be making another cameo, don't know if he is. Nonetheless, they got a nice group of stars for this one.

combsisthebest

Game show week 2 on H2
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2003, 09:34:06 AM »
I seriously doubt it, but any news on Rod Roddy announcing?

Mike Tennant

Game show week 2 on H2
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2003, 10:54:26 AM »
[quote name=\'combsisthebest\' date=\'Sep 12 2003, 08:34 AM\']I seriously doubt it, but any news on Rod Roddy announcing?[/quote]
An appearance by Rod doesn't seem likely, given his health, but a good alternate would be Gene Wood.  He's still around, and his voice is surely familiar to viewers from Dawson and Combs FF, if nothing else.

tvrandywest

Game show week 2 on H2
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2003, 11:07:47 AM »
The HS posse has assembled a great bunch of classic gamers for Saturday's taping. And worry not - no Kathy Griffin   ;-)

Rod will not announce, but there's another appropriate voicer who will be fun to see. Steve Radosh, Brian Conn, Claudia Kagan and that HS team have tremendous knowledge, experience and sensitivity to the game genre. We're in good hands    ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com

Mike Tennant

Game show week 2 on H2
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2003, 11:39:18 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Sep 12 2003, 10:07 AM\']Rod will not announce, but there's another appropriate voicer who will be fun to see. [/quote]
I mentioned Gene Wood earlier, but now another possibility comes to mind:  Don Pardo.  True, most people these days probably associate him with SNL, but he certainly qualifies as a \"classic\" GS announcer.  There's always Charlie O and Johnny Gilbert, but I don't quite see their own shows, which often compete with HS, letting them do this.  They could really dig back and get Art James, but I doubt too many people would recognize him anymore.  For obvious reasons, it won't be Kenny Williams.

Any other nominations?

EDIT:  Ooh, wait!  Jack Narz has been an announcer in years past!  Do you suppose we could get the Narz brothers together one more time?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2003, 11:41:18 AM by Mike Tennant »

Game Show Man

• Admiral Anaheim, Big Joey Numbers, etc.
Game show week 2 on H2
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2003, 03:16:48 PM »
Hoo-ah.  Game Show Week 2.  Last year I got to see Peter Marshall and all the gang in person.  This year I get to see Tom Kennedy and Nipsey Russell (who hopefully will have a few poems for us).  I'm there, man.

\"Game Show Man\" Joe Van Ginkel
"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
captvangin@aol.com
"Remember, reality bites, so WATCH MORE GAME SHOWS!"

Brandon Brooks

Game show week 2 on H2
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2003, 04:41:58 PM »
This ain't bad at all... matter of fact, this is wonderful.  I'll definitely watch.

Brandon Brooks

Matt Ottinger

Game show week 2 on H2
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2003, 05:05:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Sep 12 2003, 04:41 PM\'] This ain't bad at all... matter of fact, this is wonderful.  I'll definitely watch.

Brandon Brooks [/quote]
 The only thing I could think of that would be better would be if they flew in all their past tournament winners -- especially past College Tournament winners -- to be contestants.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

ChuckNet

Game show week 2 on H2
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2003, 08:40:47 PM »
...and w/these appearances, \"Roe\" and Jo Anne get themselves a spot in the coveted HS \"Triple Play\" club.

CHuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

whampyl03

Game show week 2 on H2
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2003, 09:29:52 PM »
EXCELLENT!  Now I have to go buy a tape!  AND TOM KENNEDY IS GOING TO BE IN THE CUBICLES!  That's reason enough for me to watch.  I hope they get Wink, Jim, & Peter in there too.  But if not, I'll still definately watch.

Winkfan

Game show week 2 on H2
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2003, 12:41:32 AM »
Rod will not announce, but there's another appropriate voicer who will be fun to see.
I mentioned Gene Wood earlier, but now another possibility comes to mind:  Don Pardo.  True, most people these days probably associate him with SNL, but he certainly qualifies as a "classic" GS announcer.  There's always Charlie O and Johnny Gilbert, but I don't quite see their own shows, which often compete with HS, letting them do this.  They could really dig back and get Art James, but I doubt too many people would recognize him anymore.  For obvious reasons, it won't be Kenny Williams.

Any other nominations?

EDIT:  Ooh, wait!  Jack Narz has been an announcer in years past!  Do you suppose we could get the Narz brothers together one more time?
Then again, there's the off-chance that the H² gang might channel someone from the 'great beyond' to handle the announcing chores! Someone like, say for instance, Steve Dunne!

I know, crazy idea; so pack me off to the 5th Wheel viewing room!

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Sally Ann Howes of the Big Board!'
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 05:59:06 PM by Winkfan »
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024) & Peter Marshall (1926-2024)

Argo

Game show week 2 on H2
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2003, 10:21:02 AM »
Hmmm. why not put Tom Kennedy (Jim Narz), and Jack Narz (Jack Narz), together in one square.... of course they are brothers and they are both game show legends.

Probably likely that Barker isnt anywhere on it, other than maybe the little parts he was in last year. Does he have somethign with other shows now? i mean the last show i saw him on other than TPIR, in a game show is Tattle Tales.

cmjb13

Game show week 2 on H2
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2003, 10:37:32 AM »
[quote name=\'Argo\' date=\'Sep 13 2003, 09:21 AM\'] Probably likely that Barker isnt anywhere on it, other than maybe the little parts he was in last year. Does he have somethign with other shows now? i mean the last show i saw him on other than TPIR, in a game show is Tattle Tales. [/quote]
 Not sure if Barker will be associated in any capacity this year, but if last year was any indication, it won't be much (I've been told that Barker won't do game shows that have other game show hosts on them). Plus Barker's parcipitation last year when he did the skits was pretty much nil. Bergeron came to the studio when TPIR was taping, not Barker going to Squares. You could tell by the stagehands moving props around in the background.

Barker has also done Combs Feud, Davidson Squares, and Match Game.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS