Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dog Eat Dog  (Read 3460 times)

gsfan85

Dog Eat Dog
« on: December 24, 2006, 10:18:40 PM »
Hey everyone,

I was watching Dog Eat Dog for a few minutes, was just wondering what the differences were between Season 1 and Season 2.  I can't remember any, but wondered if there was a way to tell which season is which.

Thanks,
Adam

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Dog Eat Dog
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 10:33:49 PM »
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' post=\'141417\' date=\'Dec 24 2006, 07:18 PM\']
I was watching Dog Eat Dog for a few minutes, was just wondering what the differences were between Season 1 and Season 2.  I can't remember any, but wondered if there was a way to tell which season is which.
[/quote]
If Burns actually looks like a remotely decent host, it's Season 2.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

gsfan85

Dog Eat Dog
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 10:40:13 PM »
Although I very much agree at Burn's lack of hosting ability, I'd really like to know the answer.

Adam

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Dog Eat Dog
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 10:41:13 PM »
The only one that comes to mind at present - the questions in the bonus round were posted on screen in season 2 episodes.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

beatlefreak84

Dog Eat Dog
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 11:25:46 PM »
In Season 1, each person revealed their votes for the "loser" individually, but, in Season 2, they were done all at once, with the "loser" being highlighted in red.  I definitely liked the Season 2 method better; get it done and over with!

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

clemon79

Dog Eat Dog
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2006, 12:01:33 AM »
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' post=\'141420\' date=\'Dec 24 2006, 07:40 PM\']
Although I very much agree at Burn's lack of hosting ability, I'd really like to know the answer.
[/quote]
I was actually being quite serious. She was horrible in the first season, and actually quite passable in the second one. It was like night and day.

uncamark

Dog Eat Dog
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 12:51:25 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'141424\' date=\'Dec 24 2006, 11:01 PM\']
[/quote]
I was actually being quite serious. She was horrible in the first season, and actually quite passable in the second one. It was like night and day.
[/quote]

Supposedly, they found out that she was better ad libbing than reading the cue cards/prompter and pleasantly discovered that she could remember the stunt rules after getting briefed (well, you know, blonde, busty, etc.), so they took her off of reading and let her do it on memory.

Steve Gavazzi

Dog Eat Dog
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 08:14:27 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'141472\' date=\'Dec 26 2006, 12:51 PM\']
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'141424\' date=\'Dec 24 2006, 11:01 PM\']
[/quote]
[/quote]

Supposedly, they found out that she was better ad libbing than reading the cue cards/prompter and pleasantly discovered that she could remember the stunt rules after getting briefed (well, you know, blonde, busty, etc.), so they took her off of reading and let her do it on memory.
[/quote]

So, let me get this straight...they actually went into this thing assuming that the person they'd chosen to host wasn't competent?

Dear God.  That's sad.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
Dog Eat Dog
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2006, 09:45:24 PM »
I suspect that Brooke isn't the only one that was reading cards.  Dylan Lane and JD Roberto come to mine.  (Although JD can ad lib quite compotently)
This signature is currently under construction.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Dog Eat Dog
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2006, 10:11:52 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'141510\' date=\'Dec 26 2006, 06:45 PM\']I suspect that Brooke isn't the only one that was reading cards.  Dylan Lane and JD Roberto come to mine.  (Although JD can ad lib quite compotently)[/quote]If that's true, I suspect you have a collector's item in the one episode where J.D. plays the role of Competent Host. Any time I watched his version of Shop Til You Drop, it looked like he was reading whatever the cue screen told him to. Any time he revealed an item in the bonus round, he would look at it with a puzzled face, then toss to Announcer Don. That's barely hosting at all.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

Dog Eat Dog
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2006, 10:31:45 PM »
Frankly, I saw all I needed to of that version when I discovered that the Upscale Shopping Mall had turned into a freakin' Costco. :)

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
Dog Eat Dog
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2006, 10:35:36 PM »
I had the experience (for lack of a better term) of watching him host TPIR Live when I went to AC for my 21st birthday.  There were no prompters to my knowledge, but then again, I wasn't looking for one.

The notable moment came during Hole in One in how he claimed he was extolling the praises of the putter he was holding when the contestant said she putt with the opposite hand.  He handled it well, leading me to believe that there's a glimmer of compotence in there somewhere.

If Jason Block is on this board, he may be able to explain better than I.  He went a couple days before me.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 10:36:28 PM by Joe Mello »
This signature is currently under construction.