Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MORE primetime games  (Read 5966 times)

Jimmy Owen

MORE primetime games
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2006, 12:18:34 AM »
NTT could be played as a multiple choice game.  "This ditty by the Sugar Hill Gang from a quarter-century ago was one of the first to sample music from another song.  Was it A) Afternoon Delight.  B) Rapper's Delight or C) Chicken Delight."  (laughter from audience).
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
MORE primetime games
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2006, 12:47:16 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'140278\' date=\'Dec 12 2006, 12:18 AM\']
"This ditty by the Sugar Hill Gang from a quarter-century ago was one of the first to sample music from another song.  Was it A) Afternoon Delight.  B) Rapper's Delight or C) Chicken Delight."  (laughter from audience).
[/quote]

I chuckle along with the audience...but knowing the "bright minds" these contestant coordinators have been picking lately, you might actually see someone say C.

/wonders how many Chicken Delights are left in the country
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
MORE primetime games
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2006, 01:16:27 AM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'140280\' date=\'Dec 11 2006, 09:47 PM\']
[/quote]
Assuming that you mean "in the US", the answer is ten.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
MORE primetime games
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2006, 01:56:05 AM »
The early word was that they were looking for multi-generational teams of players and that the music would cross all spectrums
John Glenn and Eddie Hodges :-)

Isn't remounting NTT just asking for music licensing issues?
No more than a show like TPIR. They log the title, composer, publisher and the length of the portion they used. The CBS music clearance department takes care of the rest.

tvrandywest

MORE primetime games
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2006, 02:38:02 AM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'140280\' date=\'Dec 11 2006, 09:47 PM\']
[/quote]
Don't cook tonight, call Chicken Delight.

Don't wash those dishes, don't scrub that pan
Just pick up the phone and call the man.
Oooh, what flavor
You'll love every bite.
We deliver.... call Chicken Delight.

I can name that tune in two breasts and a thigh!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Craig Karlberg

MORE primetime games
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2006, 03:48:20 AM »
Here's my assesment of what's out there & what's to come:

1vs100:  A 2:1 shot for another renewal.  I like this show now that they tweaked it a bit.

SMTM:  After the next 6 shows, it's outta here!  The quizzing part & Shatner were the only good things about that show.  Everything else I can forget about.

Identity:  After the week-long marathon, it'll be intresting to see how it pans out.  The jury's out on this one.

NAPTE doesn't look promising right now & we may extend the game show drought to 5 years very soon.

As for the CBS shows, it's way too early to speculate since those shows are well in the pipeline.

Funny Randy mentioned & posted the words to the Chicken Delight jingle.  I recently heard that classic 60's ad when 77 WABC-AM in New York was doing their Saturday night oldies show a couple weeks ago.  Those were the good 'ol days of radio where you can remember who was the jock(boss jock in some cases) on the air back then.

NickS

MORE primetime games
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2006, 08:48:19 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' post=\'140286\' date=\'Dec 12 2006, 02:48 AM\']
NAPTE doesn't look promising right now & we may extend the game show drought to 5 years very soon.
[/quote]

Seeing as it is NATPE, I'm going to give you a :wow: on that one.

NATPE doesn't look promising?  Huh?  I'm not going to be overly optimistic, but January hasn't hit yet.

aaron sica

MORE primetime games
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2006, 10:34:01 AM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'140291\' date=\'Dec 12 2006, 08:48 AM\']
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' post=\'140286\' date=\'Dec 12 2006, 02:48 AM\']
[/quote]

NATPE doesn't look promising?  Huh?  I'm not going to be overly optimistic, but January hasn't hit yet.
[/quote]

Actually, he was right.

NAPTE is a little known organization - stands for National Association of People Throwing Everything. He starts with his TV set. ;)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 10:34:19 AM by aaron sica »

TimK2003

MORE primetime games
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2006, 02:12:40 PM »

[/quote]

Isn't it odd that even though there are 15+ judge/divorce/court shows or 15+ talk/trailer-park/circus shows  available in syndication they never say there are too many of *them*, but with only 4 game shows they already say there is too many.

Yet despite the turnover in talk & legal Shows, it's been about 2 years since any game show has been cancelled in syndication (H2, Link & Donnymid were the most recent)....Hmmm.

BrandonFG

MORE primetime games
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2006, 03:08:15 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'140304\' date=\'Dec 12 2006, 02:12 PM\']
Isn't it odd that even though there are 15+ judge/divorce/court shows or 15+ talk/trailer-park/circus shows  available in syndication they never say there are too many of *them*, but with only 4 game shows they already say there is too many.

Yet despite the turnover in talk & legal Shows, it's been about 2 years since any game show has been cancelled in syndication (H2, Link & Donnymid were the most recent)....Hmmm.
[/quote]
Now THAT'S irony!...I think.

I do find that interesting, though, about 4 game shows is "too many", and how there's not a lot of room. At least the formats vary on the 4 games, unlike the court shows. Other than Judy and Joe Brown, I don't know who's who anymore.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

BrandonFG

MORE primetime games
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2006, 03:09:36 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'140295\' date=\'Dec 12 2006, 10:34 AM\']

[/quote]

Actually, he was right.

NAPTE is a little known organization - stands for National Association of People Throwing Everything. He starts with his TV set. ;)
[/quote]
You get two gold stars!
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Tony

MORE primetime games
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2006, 03:59:58 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'140307\' date=\'Dec 12 2006, 04:08 PM\']
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'140304\' date=\'Dec 12 2006, 02:12 PM\']

[/quote]
Now THAT'S irony!...I think.

I do find that interesting, though, about 4 game shows is "too many", and how there's not a lot of room. At least the formats vary on the 4 games, unlike the court shows. Other than Judy and Joe Brown, I don't know who's who anymore.
[/quote]
Yet another reason for my ongoing pessimism about the future of the game show genre.

Jimmy Owen

MORE primetime games
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2006, 04:24:07 PM »
This is just opinion, but the sameness in the court and talk shows works to their advantage.  A Fox/CW/My station can block program them for an afternoon.  I think the only real customers for new syndicated game shows are CBS affils from 10-11.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
MORE primetime games
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2006, 04:36:04 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'140535\' date=\'Dec 14 2006, 04:24 PM\']
This is just opinion, but the sameness in the court and talk shows works to their advantage.  A Fox/CW/My station can block program them for an afternoon.  I think the only real customers for new syndicated game shows are CBS affils from 10-11.
[/quote]

I will assume you're talking AM...and in some of those cases, Guiding Light is on in that timeslot. So unless CBS pulls the plug, I think your logic is a little flawed.

[quote name=\'The illustrious Mr. West\']Don't cook tonight, call Chicken Delight.

Don't wash those dishes, don't scrub that pan
Just pick up the phone and call the man.
Oooh, what flavor
You'll love every bite.
We deliver.... call Chicken Delight.
[/quote]

Dammit, Randy...now I gotta go to West Paterson, because you got me hungry for some Chicken Delight! ;)

(That's the nearest one to me...never tried it, always wanted to.)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Jimmy Owen

MORE primetime games
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2006, 05:04:10 PM »
GL is supposed to be a 3pm show, but, yeah, if many affils put it on at 10am, that's even worse news for the new games.  There are no customers for them.