Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Espacio En Blanco  (Read 1991 times)

remlap

Espacio En Blanco
« on: December 14, 2006, 04:52:54 PM »
Today ive finally managed to retune in Canal de las Estrellas on my satellite dish again and switch on to find that Vas O No Vas wasnt broadcasting instead Espacio En Blanco a new Mexican version of Match Game.

Any info on the show and where Vas o No Vas is?

Cheers

byrd62

Espacio En Blanco
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 07:38:39 PM »
[quote name=\'remlap\' post=\'140538\' date=\'Dec 14 2006, 04:52 PM\']
Today ive finally managed to retune in Canal de las Estrellas on my satellite dish again and switch on to find that Vas O No Vas wasnt broadcasting instead Espacio En Blanco a new Mexican version of Match Game.

Any info on the show and where Vas o No Vas is?

Cheers
[/quote]

www.esmas.com/canal2/notas/578545.html

From what little Spanish I know, they play two main games of two rounds each, with the winner of each main game playing an "Audience Match" for 3000, 6000 or 10000 pesos [US $278, $557 or $928].

The two winners then play a championship game that might suggest a bit of the 1960's Match Game, though I could be way off on this; the big winner then plays the "Head to Head Match" with the Star Wheel, which can be worth 10x or 20x the player's Audience Match winnings, or a brand new car.

As for Vas o No Vas, the old Wiki says that it was cancelled this past fall, probably because its host, Hector Sandarti, jumped to the US.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 07:43:31 PM by byrd62 »

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
Espacio En Blanco
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 02:00:58 AM »
As for Vas o No Vas, the old Wiki says that it was cancelled this past fall

Did I miss a week or something?  I thought it's still autumn.
This signature is currently under construction.

jdhernandez

Espacio En Blanco
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 06:22:11 AM »
Yea, it seems that both versions of Vas O No Vas in Mexico was cancelled not too long ago on Canal 5...

...but there's now a Mexican version of MATCH GAME in the coveted "game show timeslot"?!?

Ay, dios mio...

-Jason

PS: We've seen AaP, 100MD, and VonV in that timeslot. Maybe we will see this new game show some time soon in the states?
-Jason Hernandez; aka "Dimples"

Tomarken: "...somebody else could do this job!"

Rod Roddy: "Yes, I'm afraid that's true."

~Rod making a joke after Peter complains that it's Labor Day and he shouldn't be working on Press Your Luck.

remlap

Espacio En Blanco
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 05:39:22 PM »
Thanks for the info guys.

I was just shocked to see Vas o No Vas gone let alone it beeing replaced by Espacio En Blanco a format I thought would be as dead in Mexico as it is in America to the majority.

From watching it for a good half hour to me it looked really really tacky, except the roulette wheel.