Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 'Price Is Right' and 'Feud' on DVD for 2007  (Read 5561 times)

cweaver

'Price Is Right' and 'Feud' on DVD for 2007
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 08:30:56 AM »
[quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' post=\'143461\' date=\'Jan 16 2007, 06:40 AM\']
Password might be next with a mix of episodes from the CBS and NBC incarnations; we all know about the ABC run.[/quote]

Password should be high on their list with the star power from over the years.  I would suggest:

Jimmy Stewart and his family
the first one with Allen and Betty as husband and wife
Jack Benny/password: "miser"
Johnny Carson (and his predecessor, Jack Paar) blurting out the word...twice each
just about any with Carol Burnett, especially that early one with her and Garry Moore; that 1967 challenge match with her and Alan King would be a good one too
the color eps with celebs like Irene Ryan, Frank Sutton, Eddie Albert, etc.
whatever precious few ABC eps exist, perhaps the ones with Martin Milner and the 1975 finale

Password Plus: Dick Martin "French" incident, Wesley Eure getting a bleeped clue for "balls"...I could go on.

Another that should be high on the list: What's My Line? with even more star power.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 08:32:38 AM by cweaver »

TimK2003

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2007, 09:59:03 AM »
I don't mind seeing Feud and Price on DVD...

...Just as long as they produce the DVD's without all of the glitches found on the MG DVD's!!!

(I already had problems 2/3rds of the way into Disc 1 and now Disc 2 is starting to freeze up towards the end as well).

Neumms

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2007, 12:18:05 PM »
[quote name=\'cweaver\' post=\'143464\' date=\'Jan 16 2007, 08:30 AM\']
Password should be high on their list with the star power from over the years.  I would suggest:
[/quote]

A Jerry Lewis episode would be great, because he's terrific at the game and stews over not-so-good contestants. And one with Lucy.

And, while they probably wouldn't put in the effort, it would sure be neat to have the Odd Couple episode. (Which would be great pub if they wanted to put out an Odd Couple box.)

Ian Wallis

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2007, 12:39:01 PM »
And, while they probably wouldn't put in the effort, it would sure be neat to have the Odd Couple episode. (Which would be great pub if they wanted to put out an Odd Couple box.)

I'd eventually like to see that too.  That particular episode of Odd Couple has a couple of scenes missing from it being a syndication print.  I can remember one of the scenes involved Felix and Oscar visiting the Password set before taping and being intimidated at how well Betty played the game.  I don't think that's been seen since its original ABC airing.

For that matter, I'm quite sure the Let's Make a Deal episode is edited too, but I can't remember exactly what's left out of it.  

Both of those episodes occurred in the same season, 1972-73.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

itiparanoid13

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2007, 12:57:31 PM »
Official announcements were made today by BCI, and nothing else was really said that we didn't already know.  It's Feud and TPiR best of sets which will feature some of "each series' greatest and most memorable moments."  No projection as to when they will be released.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2007, 01:13:55 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'143487\' date=\'Jan 16 2007, 11:57 AM\']
 No projection as to when they will be released.
[/quote]

Well, if they went to the trouble of announcing them, it'll obviously be this year.   At this point, a release of either through the end of March is out of the question.  Given the attention that Bob's retirement commands, and given that they're strong months for releases anyway, I could definitely see the Price DVD in either May or June.  Feud's a shot in the dark.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 01:14:21 PM by Seth Thrasher »

Pyramid80

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2007, 03:03:13 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'143487\' date=\'Jan 16 2007, 11:57 AM\']
It's Feud and TPiR best of sets which will feature some of "each series' greatest and most memorable moments."
[/quote]
"greatest and most memorable moments"...does that mean clips, and not full episodes?  I know it is early still so I don't guess anyone officially knows, but I hope it isn't just clips from the 2 series.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 03:03:52 PM by Pyramid80 »

Mike Tennant

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2007, 03:43:56 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' post=\'143482\' date=\'Jan 16 2007, 12:18 PM\']
[/quote]
As a matter of fact, they are putting one out (season one) and including the Password episode on a bonus disc featuring the favorite episodes of Tony Randall and Jack Klugman.