Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Live, from Baraboo, Wisconsin...  (Read 1121 times)

DrBear

This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

tvrandywest

Live, from Baraboo, Wisconsin...
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 11:10:44 AM »
Art James was among the early pioneers in this field. Booked by his son, Art would travel with the tools of the trade including a game board and miscellaneous goodies before Powerpoint and other new developments made life easier. Today, corporate gigs (some game-showy and others not) are a big chunk of change for folks from Jay Leno (reportedly $100,000 per appearance) to Mr. Eubanks, to Wink, to Todd, Mark Walberg, Marc Summers, etc., etc.

One of my few experiences in that world came because of my ability to host a fun version of "Simon Sez". Over 1,000 employees of a software company played on a golf course at a Palm Springs resort as a transition from dinner to a later activity. 45 minutes for $2,500, plus room, food and travel expenses. Ever since, I've been sitting by the phone, waiting for them to call again!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 07:52:18 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com