Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New game shows coming...?  (Read 9516 times)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
New game shows coming...?
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2006, 01:09:57 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'141149\' date=\'Dec 21 2006, 01:57 AM\']
Naw, this is a third one...Terry's right in his assessment tho. It made the one from TBS (Midnight Money Madness or something like that) look like Jeopardy, in terms of easiness and execution.

Besides, a show with a chroma-key set immediately screams cheap IMO. It wouldn't be so bad for a local show, but for it to be a national show that airs for several hours, it just looks tacky.
[/quote]
Sounds like I'm lucky--those of me in Chicago don't get the WGN Superstation feed, so I'm spared.  :)
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2006, 01:19:16 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'141169\' date=\'Dec 21 2006, 12:09 PM\']
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'141149\' date=\'Dec 21 2006, 01:57 AM\']
Naw, this is a third one...Terry's right in his assessment tho. It made the one from TBS (Midnight Money Madness or something like that) look like Jeopardy, in terms of easiness and execution.

Besides, a show with a chroma-key set immediately screams cheap IMO. It wouldn't be so bad for a local show, but for it to be a national show that airs for several hours, it just looks tacky.
[/quote]
Sounds like I'm lucky--those of me in Chicago don't get the WGN Superstation feed, so I'm spared.  :)
[/quote]

I'm thankful we endure a double dose of "Who's the Daddy" (or Maury) in the Chicago-only feed than what the superstation is spitting out.

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2006, 02:16:34 PM »
In Grand Rapids, My Network has been slapped on the low-power Lin Broadcasting station, WXSP, which is on a number of cable systems. Plenty of programs that have run their course on WOOD and WUHQ-TV (Cosby Show, Home Improvement), Springer and Maury in the morning, a few UPN shows (One on One), court shows from noon til 4, some Canadian imports (Cold Squad), and sports shows (Oak Ridge Outdoors) and teams (Pistons, Tigers - W-XtraSPorts)...along with it being a third outlet for WOOD-TV newscasts.  Not bad programming. Some new game shows somewhere on the network would make a nice addition, so here's hoping along with you My Net picks some up.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2006, 02:43:52 PM »
[quote name=\'The Ol' Guy\' post=\'141174\' date=\'Dec 21 2006, 11:16 AM\']
In Grand Rapids, My Network has been slapped on the low-power Lin Broadcasting station,
[/quote]
I read this as "Lin Bolen station". Then I blanched.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2006, 04:49:51 PM »
Can't blame ya, Chris. Everyone would have to have their hair permed and wear open collared shirts.
Shudder!

and Merry Christmas, by the way.

Sodboy13

« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2006, 11:52:36 PM »
Best comments so far about these call-in-and-lose shows came courtesy of one of my co-workers this afternoon, as MyGames Fever played on one of the TVs on mute (mercifully):

"What is this that's on... and why is it on?"

And so I explained the premise to the best of my ability, and she summed it up better than I ever could:

"Oh, so it's like a carnival game, only more annoying."

Bingo.

/not At Home
//is that how these slashy things work?
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

BrandonFG

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2006, 12:21:39 AM »
Kimmel just made fun of it during his monologue, and mentions how "challenging" the games are. I want that minute and thirty seconds of my life back.

And by "challenging", I mean LEM BIGSON. Unscramble the name for an actor.

/Makes D/ND look difficult.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2006, 12:28:30 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'141736\' date=\'Dec 29 2006, 11:21 PM\']
 LEM BIGSON. Unscramble the name for an actor.
[/quote]

Elm Bosing!  :-P

Fedya

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2006, 04:27:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' post=\'141737\' date=\'Dec 30 2006, 12:28 AM\']
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'141736\' date=\'Dec 29 2006, 11:21 PM\']
 LEM BIGSON. Unscramble the name for an actor.
[/quote]

Elm Bosing!  :-P
[/quote]
Otm Shank.  

(He's India's answer to Brian Dennehy.)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post