Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud Question  (Read 2194 times)

gsfan85

Family Feud Question
« on: January 08, 2007, 07:57:58 PM »
Hey everyone,

Ended up staying home on a rainy day and watched a good amount of gsn.  How soon are we to the final episodes of the Dawson Syndicated Feud?  Also, where in the runs of the other Feuds are we (ABC Dawson and Combs Syndicated)?  I'm assuming pretty close to Bullseye.

Adam

BrandonFG

Family Feud Question
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 08:12:36 PM »
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' post=\'142522\' date=\'Jan 8 2007, 07:57 PM\']
Hey everyone,

Ended up staying home on a rainy day and watched a good amount of gsn.  How soon are we to the final episodes of the Dawson Syndicated Feud?  Also, where in the runs of the other Feuds are we (ABC Dawson and Combs Syndicated)?  I'm assuming pretty close to Bullseye.
[/quote]
ABC Dawson, I'd say somewhere around 1980 or 81. Maybe early-81?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jay Temple

Family Feud Question
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 01:07:42 AM »
If so, you're very close to the "September" episode. Speaking of which, for those of you old enough to remember, did the ep actually air in your market? It aired right around the time Reagan was shot, and I ended up missing that show but seeing the next one. (KTVI-2, ABC's St. Louis affiliate at the time, was taping the show in the morning for an afternoon broadcast.)
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

mbc793

Family Feud Question
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 01:10:18 AM »
Dawson syndicated..I would guess sometime in early 1985, though I can be mistaken it's daytime version I'd say the fall of 1980. As for the syndicated Combs version, I would guess the summer of 1992, before the bullseye feature was added. Can someone correct me please?

Ian Wallis

Family Feud Question
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 08:50:19 AM »
If so, you're very close to the "September" episode.

The "September" episode was taped Sept 25, 1980 (according to the "Win TV" credits) and aired Oct 1980, so hopefully that will help if you're wondering when it will come up.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

tvmitch

Family Feud Question
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 09:42:23 AM »
We're close to the Bullseye eps on Combs Feud because the display above the board now has four digits...I remember reading there was a short time where the syndie version didn't have Bullseye but the daytime version already did.

Any hope that GSN might air those Challenge eps? Might be neat to see some of those, although I do enjoy Dawson now and then.
You should follow me on Twitter

WhammyPower

Family Feud Question
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 10:10:50 AM »
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' post=\'142569\' date=\'Jan 9 2007, 08:42 AM\'] We're close to the Bullseye eps on Combs Feud because the display above the board now has four digits...I remember reading there was a short time where the syndie version didn't have Bullseye but the daytime version already did.[/quote]
Yes, it seems like they have a cover over the Bullseye displays on the family podiums.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 10:11:39 AM by WhammyPower »

aaron sica

Family Feud Question
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 09:15:33 AM »
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' post=\'142569\' date=\'Jan 9 2007, 09:42 AM\']
We're close to the Bullseye eps on Combs Feud because the display above the board now has four digits...I remember reading there was a short time where the syndie version didn't have Bullseye but the daytime version already did.
[/quote]

I believe they were somewhat in tandem...The "Bullseye" round began on CBS on 6/27/92 when the show expanded to an hour and became "Family Feud Challenge". By then, the syndicated episodes were all repeats, IIRC.  The "Bullseye" round began in the fall of 1992 on the syndicated version, which was retitled "New Family Feud".

gsfan85

Family Feud Question
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 11:57:07 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'142704\' date=\'Jan 10 2007, 09:15 AM\']
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' post=\'142569\' date=\'Jan 9 2007, 09:42 AM\']
[/quote]

I believe they were somewhat in tandem...The "Bullseye" round began on CBS on 6/27/92 when the show expanded to an hour and became "Family Feud Challenge". By then, the syndicated episodes were all repeats, IIRC.  The "Bullseye" round began in the fall of 1992 on the syndicated version, which was retitled "New Family Feud".
[/quote]

So this means that right now GSN is showing episodes from before June of 1992.  
Adam