Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Match Game Record Keepers  (Read 4099 times)

Ian Wallis

Match Game Record Keepers
« on: January 09, 2007, 04:20:47 PM »
On the original airings of Match Game 7x, I remember watching an episode where they had a lady contestant on who had a pad and a pen with her, and she had records of how many times each of the regulars had matched since they'd be on the show.  When she mentioned this to Gene during her 8-second interview, Brett said something like "...don't you dare show him my records".

I watched the GSN reruns for years (until I lost the channel altogether in 2004) and never saw this particular episode.

My question:  does anyone know if they've aired this episode and approximately when it was from?  All I can remember was that all three regulars were there and this contestant was introduced part way through the show.  Maybe it's from one of the weeks GSN isn't cleared to air(?)
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

PYLW

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 04:28:58 PM »
I THINK I know what you're talking about...I don't remember the pad and pencil, but I remember someone saying they kept track. I want to say...Janet Finn on Match Game '74? I could be wrong, though...

puck71

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 10:42:36 PM »
I THINK I know what you're talking about...I don't remember the pad and pencil, but I remember someone saying they kept track. I want to say...Janet Finn on Match Game '74? I could be wrong, though...
You're right. GSN just finished airing Janet's run. Episodes 274-281. At one point she held up a piece of notebook paper that apparently had all of Richard's stats from the whole year.

gameshowcrazy

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 07:53:44 PM »
for those of us that missed it, anyone have any idea what the records were?

puck71

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 11:28:13 PM »
for those of us that missed it, anyone have any idea what the records were?
It was in very small writing and couldn't be read.