Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Joe Pasquale's Pric₤ is Right  (Read 2178 times)

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
Joe Pasquale's Pric₤ is Right
« on: January 11, 2007, 11:26:23 AM »
Remember last year when we all thought Joe P. was the worst thing we'd ever seen?

I've downloaded a few more eps off UKNova recently, and on further review, I think he'd still be better than Dave Price.

I've adjusted to his voice and the crap prizes and the show's actually kinda fun to watch now.
@lambertman

tvwxman

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 03:14:46 PM »
Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday after watching the batch put up on UKNova....

He's a lot more tolerable than he was on the first ep, and wayyyyyyy better than Dave Price.

I still don't like the goofy sidekick though.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

uncamark

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 04:09:56 PM »
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' post=\'142867\' date=\'Jan 11 2007, 10:26 AM\']
Remember last year when we all thought Joe P. was the worst thing we'd ever seen?

I've downloaded a few more eps off UKNova recently, and on further review, I think he'd still be better than Dave Price.

I've adjusted to his voice and the crap prizes and the show's actually kinda fun to watch now.
[/quote]

One wonders that if the British EP comes over to run our version, if with Barker's departure our version will become more like the UK version.

Allstar87

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 10:20:10 PM »
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' post=\'142867\' date=\'Jan 11 2007, 10:26 AM\']
[/quote]

Is this the wrong time to mention it's been cancelled, then?

One of the British members of golden-road.net said today that after the last few episodes they recorded have aired, that's it for Joe's version. Shame; I didn't think it was bad.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 10:22:42 PM by Allstar87 »

TravisP

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 01:42:10 PM »
Having ITV comission 150 episodes (as well as an extra 25 hour episodes) was a serious gamble that didn't pay off given the past history of daytime output on the channel has been week. Having episodes airing twice a day (2pm & 5pm) was simply overkill. Also when the show was at 5pm it was heavilly being beaten by Weakest Link (on BBC2) and The Paul O'Grady Show (on Channel 4, which follows DoND) while TPiR was only getting 1 million.

ITV moved the show to 3.30pm in the last couple of weeks, and that was only obtaining 800,000. Compared to the new Countdown era (Des O'Connor) getting 1.8 million.

We have about 20+ odd episodes and a couple one hour specials left to air. While the show's replacement will start in March. I am talking about the return of Dale's Supermarket Sweep.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 06:04:51 PM »
[quote name=\'TravisP\' post=\'143489\' date=\'Jan 16 2007, 01:42 PM\']ITV moved the show to 3.30pm in the last couple of weeks, and that was only obtaining 800,000. Compared to the new Countdown era (Des O'Connor) getting 1.8 million.[/quote]
How were the ratings during the last weeks of Des Lynam's run?  I've seen a few O'Connor eps. and he comes across as dry compared to Lynam.