Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Identity" picked up for weekly series...  (Read 2353 times)

weaklink75

"Identity" picked up for weekly series...
« on: January 17, 2007, 04:09:36 PM »
No specific timeslot, but it's going to be in March... ...hopefully they can fix the problems before then....

BrentW

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 04:42:23 PM »
This is good news (if you liked the show, which I did)! I thought Jillette did an admirable job, though I wish the "toughness" of identifying the identities was more consistent.  But that's a minor quibble.  

Thanks for posting.

Chuck Sutton

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 05:23:15 PM »
Just guessing  Wed at 8 or Sun at 7.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 06:41:19 PM »
[quote name=\'Chuck Sutton\' post=\'143629\' date=\'Jan 17 2007, 02:23 PM\']
Just guessing  Wed at 8 or Sun at 7.
[/quote]
Is that based on any empirical evidence whatsoever, or is that wholly ex-rectum?

(This explains why I saw Penn on the Today show this morning.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Chuck Sutton

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 09:50:47 PM »
As I said guessing,  NBC has already been running game shows in Dateline's Sunday slot.

Also, Friday Night Lights is bombing just as bad on Wed

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 04:45:21 AM »
I'm leaning towards a Sunday at 7 slot so that it'll take the pressure off of DoND which is now occupying that slot(Why 1 vs 100 hasn't gotten its special showing at 7 on Sundays yet baffles me).

weaklink75

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 07:46:10 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' post=\'143697\' date=\'Jan 18 2007, 04:45 AM\']
I'm leaning towards a Sunday at 7 slot so that it'll take the pressure off of DoND which is now occupying that slot(Why 1 vs 100 hasn't gotten its special showing at 7 on Sundays yet baffles me).
[/quote]

Because of Bush's speech last Wednesday, the DoND ep that was supposed to air got bumped to that Sunday, which bumped 1v100...

and if I had to guess? maybe Tuesday at 8 (cannon fodder for the Idol performance show)...

colonial

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 08:21:22 AM »
TVNewser is reporting that NBC will air at least six episodes of Dateline's sex predator series in the Tuesday at 8 slot starting January 30th.

Perhaps Identity will take the slot when the six-episode Dateline run ends.  Either that, or Sunday nights at 7.

My long-shot hope is a Friday night block of DOND at 8, 1 vs. 100 at 9 and Identity at 10, but I doubt that's going to happen.

uncamark

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 12:49:06 PM »
[quote name=\'colonial\' post=\'143705\' date=\'Jan 18 2007, 07:21 AM\']
TVNewser is reporting that NBC will air at least six episodes of Dateline's sex predator series in the Tuesday at 8 slot starting January 30th.

Perhaps Identity will take the slot when the six-episode Dateline run ends.  Either that, or Sunday nights at 7.

My long-shot hope is a Friday night block of DOND at 8, 1 vs. 100 at 9 and Identity at 10, but I doubt that's going to happen.
[/quote]

Not if you want to feel the wrath of Dick Wolf.

NBC's also picked up an Americanization of the Australian improv show "Thank God You're Here" from Fremantle for spring play, so you have to include that in the mix.  Premise is that performer is dropped into a sketch s/he knows nothing about (the title of the show is the first thing s/he hears) and has to improv their way through it.  "Random Acts of Comedy" host David Alan Grier's repeating that role here, with Dave Foley of "Celeb Poker Showdown" as judge (there is some sort of competition involved, of which Drew Carey would probably have the correct response), and if you ask me, the roles should be reversed.

BrandonFG

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 01:06:17 PM »
What they should do with this show. Like they'll really happen.

1. Make it a half-hour, or at least allow more contestants. Their efforts to stretch this out and try to make it look dramatic are horrible. You can see the tedium on Penn's face as the audience awaits the identity reveal.

2. Allow the contestants to ask the group of 12 a few questions or something.

3. Tone down the contestants. No more of that "THAT...IS...MY...IDENT-I-TEEEEEEEE!" mess.

Yes, I can dream. I can also see some of this show's problems from a mile away.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 01:12:29 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'143725\' date=\'Jan 18 2007, 11:49 AM\']
Not if you want to feel the wrath of Dick Wolf.
[/quote]

And with two of the three L&O's ratings' practically in the crapper (only SVU's still doing well), that doesn't mean nearly as much as it did a few years ago.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 01:43:59 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'143730\' date=\'Jan 18 2007, 10:06 AM\']
3. Tone down the contestants. No more of that "THAT...IS...MY...IDENT-I-TEEEEEEEE!" mess.
[/quote]
See, I thought the wacky canned quotes that the Strangers are given to confirm correct answers was going to be the nails on the chalkboard for me, but I actually find it kinda amusing.

Again: there's no real game, but I like Penn so I'll watch him, and even with no game I have to admit I still have the episode where that one guy wins the whole schmiel on my Tivo.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TimK2003

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 02:47:54 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'143725\' date=\'Jan 18 2007, 01:49 PM\']

NBC's also picked up an Americanization of the Australian improv show "Thank God You're Here" from Fremantle for spring play, so you have to include that in the mix.  [/quote]

Speaking of comedy competitions that have a tinge of game show in them, looks like Jimmy Pardo is looking to return to TV.  B&C Article Here.

BrandonFG

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 08:03:29 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'143740\' date=\'Jan 18 2007, 01:43 PM\']
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'143730\' date=\'Jan 18 2007, 10:06 AM\']
[/quote]
See, I thought the wacky canned quotes that the Strangers are given to confirm correct answers was going to be the nails on the chalkboard for me, but I actually find it kinda amusing.
[/quote]
Oh no, not that. I actually was referring to the guy who won it all. Come to think of it again, he was the only one who irritated me.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!