Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Combs Weekday Feud heads up...  (Read 5469 times)

cmjb13

Combs Weekday Feud heads up...
« on: January 19, 2007, 05:03:15 PM »
Bullseye episodes start today.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 05:03:54 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Mr. Matté

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 05:29:33 PM »
And for the record, on Dawson Feud, the September episode should be coming soon, if not today.

The Pyramids

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 05:33:10 PM »
[quote name=\'NewJersey137\' post=\'143885\' date=\'Jan 19 2007, 06:29 PM\']
And for the record, on Dawson Feud, the September episode should be coming soon, if not today.
[/quote]

Make that today.

Also the AM syndicated cycle has gone back to '77.

Allstar87

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 08:11:48 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'143884\' date=\'Jan 19 2007, 05:03 PM\']
[/quote]

I started watching about 10 minutes into it, and I was wondering why on Earth the score was only 74-0. I thought we just had lousy players or something. :P And as for the September episode, I've never seen it in full before, so it was a treat to see it today.

And adding to the minor milestones of the day, Lingo just rolled back to the first taped episodes of season 2 today.

gsfan85

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 08:28:21 PM »
[quote name=\'Allstar87\' post=\'143906\' date=\'Jan 19 2007, 08:11 PM\']
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'143884\' date=\'Jan 19 2007, 05:03 PM\']
[/quote]

I started watching about 10 minutes into it, and I was wondering why on Earth the score was only 74-0. I thought we just had lousy players or something. :P And as for the September episode, I've never seen it in full before, so it was a treat to see it today.

And adding to the minor milestones of the day, Lingo just rolled back to the first taped episodes of season 2 today.
[/quote]

A couple questions about the stuff that has changed on GSN this week:

1) Does GSN air the special Lingo Season 2 episodes in the cycle (April Fools Day, Christmas, etc.)...were those part of the 65 episodes or were those extra?

2) I know Syndicated Feud premiered Sept. 77, anyone know the exact date?

3) Combs mentioned the start of the Feud season today.  How many episodes were in those seasons?

Thanks,
Adam

Allstar87

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 09:20:23 PM »
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' post=\'143909\' date=\'Jan 19 2007, 08:28 PM\']
1) Does GSN air the special Lingo Season 2 episodes in the cycle (April Fools Day, Christmas, etc.)...were those part of the 65 episodes or were those extra?
[/quote]

Those were part of the 65. Interestingly enough, GSN reruns Lingo in taping order rather than the order they originally aired. So the first few episodes we're going to see have the blue nametags, and we'll probably see the special episodes near the very end.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 09:22:57 PM by Allstar87 »

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 09:39:25 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' post=\'143887\' date=\'Jan 19 2007, 04:33 PM\']
[quote name=\'NewJersey137\' post=\'143885\' date=\'Jan 19 2007, 06:29 PM\']
[/quote]

Make that today.

Also the AM syndicated cycle has gone back to '77.
[/quote]
This may sound harsh, but I'm going to take the plunge anyway.

Dang it.  Couldn't you guys have mentioned this yesterday so that I could've set a tape (if memory serves, the Trejos were the defending champs on the ep)?

I do have it--but in the WinTV version (and I do appreciate the kind soul from this board who sent it to me as part of a trade).  Would've been nice to see the whole ep full screen (yes, the clip has been rerun ad nauseum, but it is something I would've liked to have caught--but I had no idea where we were or if we were even close).  I don't mean to sound ungrateful for having it in the format I do have it, though.

Maybe we need a "What Aired Today" thread, so that if we're following along trying to catch a favorite episode of any particular show we'd have some advance notice.  And if we're not, we ignore the thread.  As much as I'd like to tape everything, that's not always feasible.  So having some advance notice that it was coming would've helped.

Thoughts (besides "you're an idiot, Doug")?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 09:51:34 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Allstar87

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 09:56:53 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'143914\' date=\'Jan 19 2007, 09:39 PM\']
Maybe we need a "What Aired Today" thread, so that if we're following along trying to catch a favorite episode of any particular show we'd have some advance notice.  And if we're not, we ignore the thread.  As much as I'd like to tape everything, that's not always feasible.  So having some advance notice that it was coming would've helped.

Thoughts (besides "you're an idiot, Doug")?
[/quote]

I think it's a good idea. If there's an episode someone's REALLY looking forward to, a thread like that could be a blessing.

And if you'd like a fullscreen copy, I did record it today. I could provide you with a copy, if you like.

SRIV94

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 10:03:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Allstar87\' post=\'143916\' date=\'Jan 19 2007, 08:56 PM\']
And if you'd like a fullscreen copy, I did record it today. I could provide you with a copy, if you like.
[/quote]
You've got mail.
Doug
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Ian Wallis

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 02:03:55 PM »
Maybe we need a "What Aired Today" thread, so that if we're following along trying to catch a favorite episode of any particular show we'd have some advance notice.

I think that's a good idea.  Quite frequently I'll hear of something afterwards and think "I should have taped that".  I, personally, don't mind an occasional spoiler.  :)
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Jay Temple

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 11:17:01 PM »
Essentially, you're talking about something already present at GSN's own board, a "VCR alert" thread.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

SRIV94

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 12:14:02 AM »
[quote name=\'Jay Temple\' post=\'144314\' date=\'Jan 23 2007, 10:17 PM\']
Essentially, you're talking about something already present at GSN's own board, a "VCR alert" thread.
[/quote]
I don't frequent GSN's boards.  I have no real desire to.  While some of those people are also members here, others just rub me the wrong way.

Yes, had I checked GSN's boards I would've known the "September" episode was coming last week.  But why settle for hamburger when you can have filet mignon?  (Is my nose turning brown?)  If we're to be the preeminate forum for discussing the genre, then I think a thread like that would be a godsend for those who don't want to check GSN's boards.  And there's no real reason why we can't have one here, since we have a GSN subforum to do it.

For example, either tomorrow or Thursday (I think it's the first ep tomorrow, but I'm not positive) should be the MG75 ep where Avery Schreiber eats his card and camera stays on him (and Rayburn battles with the camera).  Sure, the clip's been run ad nauseum, but maybe somebody wants to see that moment again or record it.  No reason to deny them just because they don't check GSN's forum.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 12:50:45 AM by SRIV94 »
Doug

PYLW

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 09:19:52 AM »
[quote name=\'Jay Temple\' post=\'144314\' date=\'Jan 23 2007, 11:17 PM\'] Essentially, you're talking about something already present at GSN's own board, a "VCR alert" thread. [/quote]

Which was started by a certain member who is here as well. *ahem*

SRIV94

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2007, 12:21:40 AM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'144319\' date=\'Jan 23 2007, 11:14 PM\']
For example, either tomorrow or Thursday (I think it's the first ep tomorrow, but I'm not positive) should be the MG75 ep where Avery Schreiber eats his card and camera stays on him (and Rayburn battles with the camera).  Sure, the clip's been run ad nauseum, but maybe somebody wants to see that moment again or record it.  No reason to deny them just because they don't check GSN's forum.
[/quote]

Turns out it was actually the second ep tonight rather than the first, but hopefully those of you who wanted to see it/record it got your chance.
Doug

The Pyramids

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2007, 05:35:10 PM »
I like the Bullseye round. Its also significant becasue it probably was the last game show element Mark Goodson oversaw before his death that year.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 05:35:49 PM by PaulD »