Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Combs Weekday Feud heads up...  (Read 5467 times)

Adam Nedeff

Combs Weekday Feud heads up...
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 06:13:56 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' post=\'144477\' date=\'Jan 25 2007, 05:35 PM\']
I like the Bullseye round.
[/quote]
I never found it very interesting. I'll have to watch as the weeks go by here, but what I seem to recall from watching the shows when I was nine was that they had trouble building up really big banks because they were keeping the level of difficulty the same as the main game. So then they started dumbing down the questions by introducing multiple-choice survey questions or asking questions like one I remember from the daytime version, "Name a celebrity known for his blue eyes," which simply turned it into a buzzer race than an ability to judge other people's thoughts.

I like the idea of building jackpots (I'm one of the psychopaths who liked watching "Tic-Tac-Dough" just to see the numbers get bigger) but I just thought the Bullseye round went about it the wrong way. My idea would have been adding money to the jackpot if you give the number-one answer during the Face-Off; $1,000 in the first round, $2,000 in the second, etc.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 06:29:29 PM »
[quote name=\'Adam Nedeff\' post=\'144481\' date=\'Jan 25 2007, 03:13 PM\']
I never found it very interesting.
[/quote]
Me neither. I'm just not a big fan of variable jackpots anyhow, aside from a steadily incrementing one like, say, Super Password or Lingo, and really I'm not all that enamored with that either.

"You're playing for $10,000." Boom-done-simple.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 06:48:39 PM »
The reduction to three questions in the Bankroll version was even uglier. $14,000 is just a weird top prize to have.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

beatlefreak84

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 06:51:00 PM »
I don't think I would've had so much trouble with Bullseye if they didn't make the main game almost completely an afterthought.  With the way they changed the scoring, the only way that a team could possibly win was to win that Triple round (or possibly both!).

I thought the concept for Bullseye was pretty good, but I may be in the minority...:).  Here's a question for those of you who didn't really like it:  Would it have made more sense if the families weren't returning champions, or would that have just made things worse?

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007, 07:53:14 PM »
I don't think you're in the minority on liking the concept of Bullseye. Doing some akin to "Bert's Family Feud" and its system of rewarding number one answers on the first pass through Fast Money would be the best, even if I don't like that version of the show overall. I was originally for something about number ones in the main game like Adam is, but realized that can reward teams unfairly that take more time getting to 300.

I was really down on the sped-up single/double/triple format until I watched a couple of Dawson '94 shows about a year ago. They had a little more time to have fun on that particular version, so it wasn't so noticeable. I can't remember a single time where it seemed Ray had ample time to compete with Bullseye.

But anyway, that rushed format isn't so bad if you view it like it were Password Plus' scoring. The eventual point totals of the questions were so routine, you can call the first two questions the "$100 puzzles" and the last two "$200 puzzles" in that if a team gets the first two, the other team needs the third to "tie the match" and go to the fourth question "tiebreaker." If they split the first two questions, then it comes down to the third, a'la the $200 puzzle in those situations on P+. Not perfect, but not horrible either.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2007, 07:59:13 PM »
[quote name=\'beatlefreak84\' post=\'144492\' date=\'Jan 25 2007, 03:51 PM\']
Here's a question for those of you who didn't really like it:  Would it have made more sense if the families weren't returning champions, or would that have just made things worse?
[/quote]
Had nothing to do with being returning champions. At all. I just didn't care for it. My bonus game likes round numbers.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

cweaver

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2007, 09:15:05 AM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'144416\' date=\'Jan 25 2007, 01:21 AM\']
Turns out it was actually the second ep tonight rather than the first, but hopefully those of you who wanted to see it/record it got your chance.
[/quote]

I did and it was a keeper, thanks.