Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Celebrity Appearances On Different Shows  (Read 6068 times)

Jimmy Owen

Celebrity Appearances On Different Shows
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2007, 03:23:03 PM »
Jack Cassidy did "Personality," HS and WML for sure, and there is a picture of him in EOTVGS1 on the BtB set--maybe the pilot.  Would that count?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

cweaver

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2007, 03:40:30 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'144817\' date=\'Jan 29 2007, 01:26 PM\']
I was thinking that if anyone, Bill Culllen was my firrst guess, but I have never seen any H-Q show with him on it...yet.  

Plus I figured if Bill did do HSq as previously mentioned, I'd leave that to our resident Bill Cullen guru. :-)
[/quote]

...or to me.  Cullen appeared the week of August 16, 1971.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2007, 04:07:54 PM »
Jack Cassidy did "Personality," HS and WML for sure, and there is a picture of him in EOTVGS1 on the BtB set--maybe the pilot. Would that count?

For me, it counts.  Luckily we have pilot information for Break the Bank because of the EOTVGS.  Unfortunately it might be hard to track down some of the other pilot information for the celebrities that we can only come up with three of the four for.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

mbc793

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2007, 04:22:18 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'144856\' date=\'Jan 29 2007, 02:11 PM\']
[quote name=\'mbc793\' post=\'144852\' date=\'Jan 29 2007, 01:30 PM\']
I think David Letterman also appeared on Pyramid (The $20,000 Pyramid if I'm right).
[/quote]
You are right, but THE LOVE EXPERTS was also a Bob Stewart production.  Dave being on PYRAMID doesn't add him to the list of those who pulled the quadruple.
[/quote]

You're right. I forgot that The Love Experts was also a Bob Stewart production. Was he ever on a Barry-Enright produce game show? The one that I thought of was Decisions, Decisions (pilot), but I don't know if it's a B-E produce game show.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2007, 04:30:46 PM »
[quote name=\'mbc793\' post=\'144864\' date=\'Jan 29 2007, 04:22 PM\']You're right. I forgot that The Love Experts was also a Bob Stewart production. Was he ever on a Barry-Enright produce game show? The one that I thought of was Decisions, Decisions (pilot), but I don't know if it's a B-E produce game show.[/quote]
Yes, I had that one too.  All of us who've seen it certainly believe it looks like a Barry Enright program, but I've never seen anyone come forward with a ticket or something to absolutely prove it.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

mbc793

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2007, 04:53:15 PM »
Oh ok, I saw it on Jamie's pageoclips site and it looked to me like a Barry-Enright show, I mean it did had some elements for future Barry-Enright game shows right?

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2007, 05:47:26 PM »
Yes, I had that one too. All of us who've seen it certainly believe it looks like a Barry Enright program, but I've never seen anyone come forward with a ticket or something to absolutely prove it.

All I have is the word of a trustworthy source that it was a Barry / Enright production. It would be nice though to see the concrete proof, nonetheless.  

--Jamie
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 05:53:40 PM by Jimmy Fiono Coyne »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2007, 06:25:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Fiono Coyne\' post=\'144873\' date=\'Jan 29 2007, 02:47 PM\']
All I have is the word of a trustworthy source that it was a Barry / Enright production. It would be nice though to see the concrete proof, nonetheless.  
[/quote]
[quote name=\'mbc793\' post=\'144874\' date=\'Jan 29 2007, 02:54 PM\']
It was a Barry-Enright production..oh okay..thanks for clearing that one up Jamie.
[/quote]
*sigh*
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 06:25:13 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

calliaume

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2007, 11:03:19 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Fiono Coyne\' post=\'144851\' date=\'Jan 29 2007, 03:26 PM\']
Jamie Farr - Tattletales, Pyramid, Hot Potato, To Say the Least
[/quote]
[quote post=\'144851\' date=\'Jan 29 2007, 03:26 PM\']
Arte Johnson--Match Game, Squares, Celebrity Hot Potato. He's a little too "out there" to do a straight-laced game like Pyramid.
[/quote]
To finish The Gong Show trio:

Jaye P. Morgan:  Match Game (and Play Your Hunch!), Squares, Hollywood Connection, plus The Gong Show.  I don't think she ever did a Bob Stewart game (New York-based), but I wouldn't be shocked if she did a week of You Don't Say somewhere along the line.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2007, 11:19:41 PM »
Jaye P. Morgan: Match Game (and Play Your Hunch!), Squares, Hollywood Connection, plus The Gong Show. I don't think she ever did a Bob Stewart game (New York-based), but I wouldn't be shocked if she did a week of You Don't Say somewhere along the line.

It doesn't appear that she ever did a Bob Stewart show. She did do You Don't Say and there's an episode floating around.

Add Joanne Pflug: Match Game, Pyramid, Hollywood Connection, & Baffle.

--Jamie
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 11:20:02 PM by Jimmy Fiono Coyne »

Ian Wallis

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2007, 08:53:41 AM »
Yes, I had that one too. All of us who've seen it certainly believe it looks like a Barry Enright program, but I've never seen anyone come forward with a ticket or something to absolutely prove it.

Unfortunately, the copy floating around the trade curcuit has the closing credits missing, so we don't get to hear who's production it is.

It doesn't appear that she ever did a Bob Stewart show. She did do You Don't Say and there's an episode floating around.

Yes, Jaye P. appeared with Rod Serling in an April 1969 episode.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

chrispw1

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2007, 01:25:05 PM »
Was Betty White ever on a B+E show? I don't think she did Break The Bank or Celebrity Bullseye. Also, I believe Kim Fields appeared for all four; Body Language and Family Feud for Goodson, Hot Potato for Barry-Enright, John Davidson Hollywood Squares for Heatter and Go for Stewart.

tpirfan28

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2007, 04:11:57 PM »
[quote name=\'chrispw1\' post=\'144946\' date=\'Jan 30 2007, 01:25 PM\']
Was Betty White ever on a B+E show? I don't think she did Break The Bank or Celebrity Bullseye. Also, I believe Kim Fields appeared for all four; Body Language and Family Feud for Goodson, Hot Potato for Barry-Enright, John Davidson Hollywood Squares for Heatter and Go for Stewart.
[/quote]
I ran a check on Kim Fields...and she matched up with BL/HP/HS/Go...donno about FF.

Betty White...I couldn't find any episode guides for BtB or Celeb Bullseye...so I don't know about them.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2007, 04:37:35 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'144953\' date=\'Jan 30 2007, 03:11 PM\']
[quote name=\'chrispw1\' post=\'144946\' date=\'Jan 30 2007, 01:25 PM\']
[/quote]
I ran a check on Kim Fields...and she matched up with BL/HP/HS/Go...donno about FF.
[/quote]
Heatter had an association with Davidson HSq?  TTBOMK (and I could be wrong), Century Towers produced HSq but Heatter had nothing to with it.  Heatter collaborated with Century Towers to do Wink's HR, though--but as far as I know they were separate companies.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 04:38:58 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

tpirfan28

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2007, 04:46:06 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'144954\' date=\'Jan 30 2007, 04:37 PM\']
Heatter had an association with Davidson HSq?  TTBOMK (and I could be wrong), Century Towers produced HSq but Heatter had nothing to with it.  Heatter collaborated with Century Towers to do Wink's HR, though--but as far as I know they were separate companies.
[/quote]
According to Wiki...they did.  They had a 50% stake in the Bergeron Squares...didn't know that.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"