Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Celebrity Appearances On Different Shows  (Read 6069 times)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Celebrity Appearances On Different Shows
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2007, 05:07:59 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'144955\' date=\'Jan 30 2007, 03:46 PM\']
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'144954\' date=\'Jan 30 2007, 04:37 PM\']
Heatter had an association with Davidson HSq?  TTBOMK (and I could be wrong), Century Towers produced HSq but Heatter had nothing to with it.  Heatter collaborated with Century Towers to do Wink's HR, though--but as far as I know they were separate companies.
[/quote]
According to Wiki...they did.  They had a 50% stake in the Bergeron Squares...didn't know that.
[/quote]
Since Dixon's our resident HSq expert, I'd like some additional input before I take that Wiki article as gospel.  Filmways (who bought Heatter's company) may have been bought by Orion, but that doesn't mean Heatter had any involvement with Davidson HSq.

Dixon Hayes. . .white courtesy phone.  :)
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

cweaver

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2007, 05:29:19 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'144958\' date=\'Jan 30 2007, 06:07 PM\']

Since Dixon's our resident HSq expert, I'd like some additional input before I take that Wiki article as gospel.  Filmways (who bought Heatter's company) may have been bought by Orion, but that doesn't mean Heatter had any involvement with Davidson HSq.
[/quote]

My understanding is that Heatter had nothing to do with the Davidson or Bergeron versions, in fact he didn't care much at all for the Davidson version.  I don't know if he got any residual type money for those two shows (I didn't think he did, he and Quigley having sold out years earlier) but even then that's certainly not the same as being actively involved, which in both cases he certainly wasn't.

uncamark

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2007, 05:32:52 PM »
[quote name=\'cweaver\' post=\'144960\' date=\'Jan 30 2007, 04:29 PM\']
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'144958\' date=\'Jan 30 2007, 06:07 PM\']

[/quote]

My understanding is that Heatter had nothing to do with the Davidson or Bergeron versions, in fact he didn't care much at all for the Davidson version.  I don't know if he got any residual type money for those two shows (I didn't think he did, he and Quigley having sold out years earlier) but even then that's certainly not the same as being actively involved, which in both cases he certainly wasn't.
[/quote]

And I'm pretty sure that Century Towers was nothing more than a dummy company for Orion's attempts at syndicated game shows (for tax purposes).  Rick Rosner and Merrill Heatter's production companies were running each particular show.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2007, 06:03:53 PM »
Checking my back issues of TV Guide, Betty White did appear on Celebrity Bullseye.  The listings unfortunately spoiled the show. If Ernest Borgnine is there all week and everybody else only one day, you pretty much knew the outcome.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 06:07:55 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

chrispw1

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2007, 09:32:44 PM »
I found another one was Sandy Duncan (Password, Pyramid, Break The Bank, Hollywood Squares)

WhammyPower

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2007, 10:12:43 PM »
[quote name=\'chrispw1\' post=\'154262\' date=\'Jun 4 2007, 08:32 PM\'] I found another one was Sandy Duncan (Password, Pyramid, Break The Bank, Hollywood Squares)
 [/quote]
Nice try.

[quote name=\'Jimmy Fiono Coyne\' post=\'144851\' date=\'Jan 29 2007, 02:26 PM\'] Sandy Duncan - What's My Line?, Pyramid, Break the Bank,Hollywood Squares
[/quote]

chrispw1

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2007, 01:13:50 AM »
Ah, I didn't notice Sandy mentioned earlier, sorry about that. Anyway, i did some research from tape trading sites, game show epiosde listings and  imdb and found a few more:
Jimmie Walker( Match Game, Pyramid, Break The  Bank, Hollywood Squares January 1979 per imdb)
Della Reese (Match Game, Hollywood Squares, Break The Bank, Pyramid)
Soupy Sales( 60s Match Game, Pyramid, Baffle and To Say The Least, Break The Bank)

A couple who I couldn't find any H-Q shows for but found the other three: Fannie Flagg, Adrianne Barbeau who I saw on imdb did syndicated Break The Bank in October 1976, Robert Hegyes, Elaine Joyce did multiple Goodson and Stewart shows and Hot Potato

pyrfan

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2007, 11:40:30 PM »
[quote name=\'chrispw1\' post=\'154273\' date=\'Jun 5 2007, 12:13 AM\']
A couple who I couldn't find any H-Q shows for but found the other three: Fannie Flagg, Adrianne Barbeau who I saw on imdb did syndicated Break The Bank in October 1976, Robert Hegyes, Elaine Joyce did multiple Goodson and Stewart shows and Hot Potato
[/quote]

Adrienne did HS a number of times for H-Q, and Elaine did H-Q's "To Say the Least."

Brendan

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2007, 01:09:47 AM »
I found one with three, and I'm intrigued. I know Ken Kercheval (from "Dallas") was on a few episodes of the Pyramids, and through my research and eyes I found he was on Celebrity Bullseye and Super Password...was he on HSq or Battlestars, or maybe even The Last Word?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

BrandonFG

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2007, 01:28:43 AM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'154342\' date=\'Jun 6 2007, 01:09 AM\']
I found one with three, and I'm intrigued. I know Ken Kercheval (from "Dallas") was on a few episodes of the Pyramids, and through my research and eyes I found he was on Celebrity Bullseye and Super Password...was he on HSq or Battlestars, or maybe even The Last Word?
[/quote]
I know that the cast of "Dallas" appeared on Marshall's HSq, but not sure if he was part of that week.

Not quite the same thing, but there's a pic of him on the Davidson version as well, along with ALF and Tempestt Bledsoe.

ETA:
JULY 23-27, 1979:
Jim Davis, Charlene Tilton, Larry Hagman, Ken Kercheval, Steve Kanaly, Linda Gray, Patrick Duffy, Victoria Principal & Paul Lynde.

Source.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 01:32:48 AM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

chrispw1

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2007, 03:07:36 PM »
I thought of a few more:
Lynn Redgrave did Pyramid, Password Plus, Bullseye and Battlestars
Meredith MacRae did Pyramid, Match Game, Break The Bank and I saw her listed in the EOTVGS book as doing the debut of Name Droppers.
Also, I saw on the classicsquares website that robert Hegyes did do Hollywood Sqyares along with Match Game, Pyramid and Break The Bank.
Also, the site said Joyce Bulifant didn't do the Mrashall Squares, but did she do any H-Q show like To Say The Least, Baffle or others as she did Mtach Game, Chain Reaction, and Break The Bank.