Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiR question  (Read 1365 times)

toddyo

TPiR question
« on: February 01, 2007, 12:02:31 PM »
This may sound petty, but being in the television business, I tend to watch for small things. One of these things involves the close of almost every Price is Right episode.

Does Rich Field say the same identical thing, to every contestant, as he shakes their hand?

Doing commercials, I tell talent to mouth out real words (when there is a voiceover and they are on screen) because people at home can read lips.

Same goes here.  "Wave bye bye to the people at home" almost everyday??? That's annoying.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
TPiR question
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 12:13:13 PM »
I've noticed it too. That whole closing bothers me. If the contestant decides to do something "drastic" like sit in their new car, the models wrangle them to stand there and wave goodbye. He probably does it so the show ends on the same shot of the winner waving to the camera.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TPiR question
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 01:23:06 PM »
What? You're saying that an announcer that pretty much sucks (unless you're a TPiR fanboi and they can do no wrong) who phones in his warmup also phones in the rest of the show, down to the interactions with the contestants?

I'm shocked, I tell you.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

uncamark

TPiR question
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 04:20:17 PM »
[quote name=\'toddyo\' post=\'145052\' date=\'Feb 1 2007, 11:02 AM\']
This may sound petty, but being in the television business, I tend to watch for small things. One of these things involves the close of almost every Price is Right episode.

Does Rich Field say the same identical thing, to every contestant, as he shakes their hand?

Doing commercials, I tell talent to mouth out real words (when there is a voiceover and they are on screen) because people at home can read lips.

Same goes here.  "Wave bye bye to the people at home" almost everyday??? That's annoying.
[/quote]

But what is Barker saying to the models--"Wanna see what the dressing room of a big TV star like me looks like?"  :)