Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Hosts on Other TV Shows  (Read 2059 times)

brianhenke

Game Show Hosts on Other TV Shows
« on: February 02, 2007, 11:59:39 PM »
Nick at Nite reran the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air episode with Bob Eubanks tonight.

In addition, Jeff Probst (remember, he hosted Rock and Roll J! before Survivor) guest hosted for Regis today.

Brian
The leaves start to change color in May?

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 12:06:20 AM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' post=\'145165\' date=\'Feb 2 2007, 11:59 PM\']
Nick at Nite reran the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air episode with Bob Eubanks tonight.

In addition, Jeff Probst (remember, he hosted Rock and Roll J! before Survivor) guest hosted for Regis today.

Brian
[/quote]

Is this what you guys mean when you ask "Where would we be without Henke"?
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Kevin Prather

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 12:27:49 AM »
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'145167\' date=\'Feb 2 2007, 09:06 PM\']
Is this what you guys mean when you ask "Where would we be without Henke"?
[/quote]
And say "Wow," yes.

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 02:43:17 AM »

[/quote]
You live under a rock or something? Fresh Prince has been on N@N (and several other places) for at least the last three years, and it's been in syndication since the mid-90s. It's not the first or the last time they'll show that ep., or are you just that desperate to make a game show reference? And if you're gonna promote a game show host guest hosting another show, it might help to actually mention it BEFORE it airs.

BTW, will you stop trying to justify every game show reference you make? Obviously you know it's insipid, but you try and justify it regardless.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 03:11:19 AM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

brianhenke

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 08:08:08 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'145171\' date=\'Feb 3 2007, 02:43 AM\']

[/quote]
You live under a rock or something? Fresh Prince has been on N@N (and several other places) for at least the last three years, and it's been in syndication since the mid-90s. It's not the first or the last time they'll show that ep., or are you just that desperate to make a game show reference? And if you're gonna promote a game show host guest hosting another show, it might help to actually mention it BEFORE it airs.

BTW, will you stop trying to justify every game show reference you make? Obviously you know it's insipid, but you try and justify it regardless.
[/quote]

I know. I forgot. It was after midnight I wrote that post. I wrote it because it may be of interest for you.

Plus I didn't put the fact that Paul Reubens (aka Troy Stevens) appeared on 30 Rock Thursday night.

Brian
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 08:09:39 AM by brianhenke »
The leaves start to change color in May?

NickS

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 09:12:42 AM »
I think the issue here, though, is that you're putting them *after the fact* and not before it.  Yes, board, spurring him or not, but there could be people wanting to see Pat Sajak guest co-hosting on Regis.

You're meaning well, Brian, but my wish is that you'd post this as a heads up and not an afterthought.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 01:34:03 PM »
Wait a minute . . .

Brian actually responded (at least slightly) to criticism?!

I may faint.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 02:19:53 PM »

[/quote]

In other news, grass grew, rain fell, and people went to work.

We'll be back to "News You Don't Care About" after this.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TimK2003

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 05:59:35 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'145187\' date=\'Feb 3 2007, 03:19 PM\']

[/quote]

In other news, grass grew, rain fell, and people went to work.

[/quote]

...And in the past 3 months, there have been at least 4 game show personalities and/or celebs who have flown into or out of LAX airport. :-p

Kevin Prather

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2007, 11:27:14 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' post=\'145174\' date=\'Feb 3 2007, 05:08 AM\']
Plus I didn't put the fact that Paul Reubens (aka Troy Stevens) appeared on 30 Rock Thursday night.
[/quote]
Welp, now you did.