Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Temptation Host Named...  (Read 8179 times)

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
Temptation Host Named...
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2007, 03:22:40 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'144943\' date=\'Jan 30 2007, 01:15 PM\']
MNTV's lineup right now is primetime soaps featuring actors who look like Rossi. MNTV is likely trying to court that same audience . . . Just because the producers wanted someone young and handsome, it doesn't mean he's gonna pull a Dylan Lane, so step back in off the window ledge and calm down. [/quote]

Hmm.  I can see the logic here, but I really don't think that Temptations is 18-34 material.  Before the rampant dogmatism, I believe I stated that this show would skew older, perhaps towards the Female 25-49.  If that's the people who are watching the telenovelas, then bully for MNTV.

In reply to rollercoaster's post, while employing a 40-year-old host may not be good business strategy, I'd rather take someone 5-10 years older (though not in apparent age) if he's got more experience.  If the people at Fremantle were thinking the same thing, perhaps that's how Rossi got the job.  Having a resumé longer than your tie isn't a bad thing.

As much as I would've liked a Jim Perry-esque character as host, the chips fell the way the did and I'm willing to accept that.
This signature is currently under construction.

dzinkin

Temptation Host Named...
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2007, 07:28:52 AM »
[quote name=\'tomobrien\' post=\'145101\' date=\'Feb 2 2007, 01:00 AM\']
[quote name=\'BMaurice06\' post=\'144952\' date=\'Jan 30 2007, 02:32 PM\'] I would rather fail with a successful international format hosted by an experienced host with at least some sort of broadcast work on his resume that succeed with one emceed by a pretty-boy former athlete.
[/quote]
That's exactly why you're not a network executive.
[/quote]
You never know... if Thad Dixon were to start a network, he'd need a second-in-command with similarly warped priorities. ;-)

davemackey

Temptation Host Named...
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2007, 08:19:35 AM »
[quote name=\'BMaurice06\' post=\'144922\' date=\'Jan 30 2007, 03:31 AM\']
Okay, what in the holy CRAP are the so-called "geniuses" at Fremantle thinking?  A guy who host movies on TBS and Foody Call on Style Network?!  They have got to be kidding me!  This is just proof that Hollywood simply is relying more on looks than on experience when selecting a host.  Forgive the rant, but I just can't believe the utter IGNORANCE of producers that want to focus on a certain demo more that preserving the dignity of the game.
[/quote]
The places where today's game show hosts are getting their "experience" (such as it is) are changing. The old wave of hosts came from radio. Barker, Lange, Eubanks, even someone as relatively recent as Sajak, all cut their teeth pulling four-or-five hour airshifts for years.

Now today's hosts are coming from these cheaply produced cable TV shows which maybe produce 40 episodes or so in about two weeks. Or maybe they're actors looking for a paycheck to tide them over until The Big Role comes. And, as such, they don't have the "people experience" that yesterday's disk jockeys had. Furthermore, the formats of these shows have evolved over the years to a point where we could care less about the contestants, because the hosts certainly don't.

MikeK

• Martha!
Temptation Host Named...
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2007, 05:57:11 PM »
[quote name=\'BMaurice06\' post=\'144952\' date=\'Jan 30 2007, 02:32 PM\']I would rather fail with a successful international format hosted by an experienced host with at least some sort of broadcast work on his resume that succeed with one emceed by a pretty-boy former athlete.[/quote]
You lost the microscopic smidgen of confidence I had in you with the fourth word in this statement.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Temptation Host Named...
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2007, 06:25:38 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'145139\' date=\'Feb 2 2007, 02:57 PM\']
You lost the microscopic smidgen of confidence I had in you with the fourth word in this statement.
[/quote]
If you were familiar with his other work, you wouldn't even have had that.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

rebelwrest

Temptation Host Named...
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2007, 06:10:32 PM »
Because of the bitter cold temperatures in the Northern Panhandle of West Virginia, I am now probably one of the nine people watching "Father of the Bride" (1990) on TBS.  Could someone give me the address of FreMantle's Los Angeles office because I will be walking in with thinking "who the hell hires the people" and thinking heck If he can be hired to host a game show, I could be as well.  We should amount an effort to find Rossi's address and send him tapes of the Perry $ale of the Century.  The revolution starts now.

(Parts of this passage contain sarcasm)
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

tpirfan28

Temptation Host Named...
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2007, 06:27:45 PM »
[quote name=\'rebelwrest\' post=\'145195\' date=\'Feb 3 2007, 06:10 PM\']
Because of the bitter cold temperatures in the Northern Panhandle of West Virginia, I am now probably one of the nine people watching "Father of the Bride" (1990) on TBS.  Could someone give me the address of FreMantle's Los Angeles office because I will be walking in with thinking "who the hell hires the people" and thinking heck If he can be hired to host a game show, I could be as well.  We should amount an effort to find Rossi's address and send him tapes of the Perry $ale of the Century.  The revolution starts now.

[/quote]
Wow.

(not referencing the hosting choice...the post itself.)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 06:28:20 PM by tpirfan28 »
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

tvwxman

Temptation Host Named...
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2007, 08:29:50 PM »
[quote name=\'rebelwrest\' post=\'145195\' date=\'Feb 3 2007, 06:10 PM\']

[/quote]
At what point during the calendar year do you realize that you're not funny? Or witty? Or humorous? Have we reached that day yet?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

J.R.

Temptation Host Named...
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2007, 08:30:39 PM »
[quote name=\'rebelwrest\' post=\'145195\' date=\'Feb 3 2007, 05:10 PM\']

[/quote]

Permission to use "Magical", sirs?

-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

tpirfan28

Temptation Host Named...
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2007, 08:42:26 PM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' post=\'145204\' date=\'Feb 3 2007, 08:30 PM\']

-Joe R.
[/quote]
The rights to that are $1,250...but I'll sell it to you for $9. :)

/TTD '90 room for me
//or what I will be posting in the "GS Internet Find" topic soon.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Temptation Host Named...
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2007, 08:57:41 PM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' post=\'145204\' date=\'Feb 3 2007, 05:30 PM\']
[/quote]
Oh, granted, I assure you.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

rebelwrest

Temptation Host Named...
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2007, 09:14:20 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'145206\' date=\'Feb 3 2007, 08:42 PM\']
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' post=\'145204\' date=\'Feb 3 2007, 08:30 PM\']

-Joe R.
[/quote]
The rights to that are $1,250...but I'll sell it to you for $9. :)

/TTD '90 room for me
//or what I will be posting in the "GS Internet Find" topic soon.
[/quote]

I'll join you in a few minutes, but I warn you that some forum members will put a padlock on the door after I enter.  I'm still trying to figure out why I wrote that.

/cause you're not funny
//cause you're stupid
///the cold temperature has gotten to your brain
////cause you were watching TBS on a Saturday afternoon
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.