Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Body Language  (Read 4057 times)

game show guy

Body Language
« on: February 04, 2007, 04:25:37 PM »
Did GSN ever run the entire series of this show? I know they showed this back in 2002, but then it got removed.

Ian Wallis

Body Language
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 08:16:06 PM »
They have run pretty-well every episode in the past.  Beginning Jan 1, 1996, it was on the weekday schedule for quite a while.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

cacLA8383

Body Language
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 08:23:45 PM »
Yeah by the time 2002 rolled around it was only shown on the weekends, then eventually only on Saturdays and then they took it off shortly thereafter.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 08:26:58 PM by cacLA8383 »

pyrfan

Body Language
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 11:15:23 PM »
Whenever they go through the run, though, they always skip two back-to-back weeks from the summer of 1984, one with Betty Thomas & Brian Matthews and one with Fern Fitzgerald & Roger E. Mosley. They also always skip the first episode of the week with Mary Ann Mobley & Nathan Cook, which follows these two weeks.

Brendan

toddyo

Body Language
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 11:21:12 PM »
Any reason for the bypassing?

Ian Wallis

Body Language
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 09:05:56 AM »
Apparantly Betty Thomas hasn't cleared her appearances.  I believe there's a week of Tattletales with her that hasn't been aired either.
NEW LOCATION!!!

inbidni

Body Language
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 09:08:05 AM »
[quote name=\'toddyo\' post=\'145273\' date=\'Feb 4 2007, 11:21 PM\']
Any reason for the bypassing?
[/quote]

Brian Mitchell, not Matthews. The bypassing is due to Fern Fitzgerald(supposedly) and Betty Thomas not clearing their appearances. GSN has aired appearances of Roger and Brian on other game shows of the period. The Monday episode of the Cook/Mobley week is not seen probably due to the GT shows appearing three to a tape. Syndicated Match Game 1979-82 episodes are skipped over in threes when tapes are either missing or a celeb(Jimmie Walker for one) who did not clear their appearances.

Ian Wallis

Body Language
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 04:11:57 PM »
The Monday episode of the Cook/Mobley week is not seen probably due to the GT shows appearing three to a tape. Syndicated Match Game 1979-82 episodes are skipped over in threes when tapes are either missing or a celeb(Jimmie Walker for one) who did not clear their appearances.

Of course.  You wouldn't want to have the GSN tape guy accidentally cue up the wrong episode now, would we?  :)
NEW LOCATION!!!

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Body Language
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 04:31:19 PM »
[quote name=\'inbidni\' post=\'145284\' date=\'Feb 5 2007, 08:08 AM\']
a celeb(Jimmie Walker for one) who did not clear their appearances.
[/quote]
Explain please.  GSN has aired MG7x eps in which J.J. has appeared.  Can clearances be that selective?

/I bombed on the Wednesday episode.  Don't show that.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

pyrfan

Body Language
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 09:45:03 PM »
[quote name=\'inbidni\' post=\'145284\' date=\'Feb 5 2007, 10:08 AM\']
Brian Mitchell, not Matthews.
[/quote]

Nope -- Brian Matthews, who was appearing on "The Young & The Restless" at the time. Brian Mitchell's appearance with Phyllis Diller happened a few weeks later.

Brendan

Ian Wallis

Body Language
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 09:10:17 AM »
Explain please. GSN has aired MG7x eps in which J.J. has appeared. Can clearances be that selective?

/I bombed on the Wednesday episode. Don't show that.

I don't get it either.  I always thought the clearances applied to everything if the celebrity signed the waiver; and nothing if they didn't.  However, Valerie Bertenelli's appearances on Match Game have never been aired (TTBOMK), yet an appearance on $20,000 Pyramid has...unless GSN just made a mistake by airing it.  It wouldn't be the first time as a few Price is Right's with fur coats slipped through.
NEW LOCATION!!!

toddyo

Body Language
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 12:58:20 PM »
At some point, in the past, Betty Thomas MG episodes aired.  

I find it incredibly hard to believe that an appearance 30+ years ago is frozen by "non-clearance". I would think the all appearance contracts would have had an universal release.

Then again, Hollywood is in a different world, like the NFL and copyright issues like displaying video on something larger than a 55 inch screen. Puleeze!