Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Aussie Premieres of "The Rich List" and "Con Test"  (Read 1472 times)

pownster

Aussie Premieres of "The Rich List" and "Con Test"
« on: February 12, 2007, 08:40:53 AM »
It's been a big year for big-budget game shows here in Australia in 2007. Clips for "1 vs 100" are already doing the rounds, so tonight - I feature clips from the other two offerings, "The Rich List" and "Con Test".

Our version of "The Rich List" (hosted by DoND host, Andrew O'Keefe) has fared far better than the US counterpart - actually gaining viewers as the weeks have passed. It seems a fairly safe prospect of staying in the primetime schedule for some time.

The Rich List

The "Con Test", hosted by Andrew G ("Australian Idol" co-host) and Brigitte Duclos, is based on the British show "Poker Face" (and actually uses the original format's title). Here, the contestants win the big bucks (in this case, $50 000) by fooling their opponents into believing that they are the smartest individual in the game. Strategy and composure are the key to success.

Con Test
Chris Powney

Australian Game Show Home Page

http://members.iinet.net.au/~powney/gameshow/homepage.htm

TravisP

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 12:17:25 PM »
Thanks again Chris for posting the preview clips up.

The Con Test

Nice to see nearly all of the original programme features has reached down there. I assume Brigitte Duclos' job is to interview the leaving contestants after each round? As people probably know from there that both Ant & Dec do all the questions and the interviewing but in rotation. We are currently into our second series at the moment, with the £1 million final coming up in three weeks.

The Rich List

At least you are lucky to have four episodes more than us. It might be a British format, but all we've had is an unaired pilot for ITV in March 2006. Instead of them comissioning it. They've decided to comission For the Rest of Your Life, Goldenballs and airing from today, the revival of Dale's Supermarket Sweep.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 01:03:21 PM »
[quote name=\'TravisP\' post=\'145960\' date=\'Feb 12 2007, 09:17 AM\']
Nice to see nearly all of the original programme features has reached down there. I assume Brigitte Duclos' job is to interview the leaving contestants after each round?
[/quote]
From what I'm told, yeah, the one dude stays out front and she has couch duty in the back. I think I like how Ant & Dec do it more, but one of the things I like the most about Poker Face (aside from it just being a great game) is that Ant & Dec are such freakin' great hosts.
Goldenballs
So here at Microsoft, we have something called PoliCheck. Basically it's a piece of software we can run content through to make sure that we're not offending someone in Zimbabwe with something we're written without realizing it.

I'm gonna guess whoever came up with the name "Goldenballs" has never heard of PoliCheck. :)

/and Andy O'Keefe is turning into the Tom Bergeron of Australia
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 01:03:43 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TravisP

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 05:02:04 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'145985\' date=\'Feb 15 2007, 01:03 PM\']
I like the most about Poker Face (aside from it just being a great game) is that Ant & Dec are such freakin' great hosts.

Don't forget they invented the format as well. Still can't believe ABC actually ditched Poker Face for Shat Me The Money. It would've suit the viewers as its got "personality" and "ego" written all over it.
I'm gonna guess whoever came up with the name "Goldenballs" has never heard of PoliCheck. :)

Endemol, as they are producing the show for ITV.

Also I've read that Aussie DoND is back on the screens this week. With Ugly Betty week![/quote]

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 06:03:57 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'145985\' date=\'Feb 15 2007, 01:03 PM\']So here at Microsoft, we have something called PoliCheck. Basically it's a piece of software we can run content through to make sure that we're not offending someone in Zimbabwe with something we're written without realizing it.[/quote]
I may be making a joke you've heard a hundred times already, but has anyone ever tried running "PoliCheck" through PoliCheck?
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Brig Bother

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 08:00:40 PM »
[quote name=\'TravisP\' post=\'145960\' date=\'Feb 12 2007, 05:17 PM\']

Nice to see nearly all of the original programme features has reached down there.[/quote]

I don't know, something struck me as being not quite right about their execution. I can't put my finger on what it is though.

The Rich List

At least you are lucky to have four episodes more than us.

It might be a British format, but all we've had is an unaired pilot for ITV in March 2006.

Well I wouldn't go as far as lucky, it looks hugely tedious from the clip.

For the Rest of Your Life is rubbish, and Goldenballs isn't much better. But at least Dale's doing the business.

J.R.

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 08:42:06 PM »
Yet, didn't Fox proclaim "The Rich List" was a smash hit in England in the Series Premiere and the Series Finale?
-Joe Raygor