Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Original Theme to 60s Password  (Read 1877 times)

SwohS Emag

Original Theme to 60s Password
« on: February 06, 2007, 01:40:45 PM »
So I have a little webspace that my fine University has given to me, and though I know nothing (and I mean nothing about web design), I wanted to share this with the world.

If I fussed at for copyright infringement or abusing intellectual property or something like that, then I have to take the material off the site.

For the time being, though, pretty good music, right?

Find it at Original Theme to 60s Password.

I have some more stuff that I will post later.

-Patrick

PS - Post not intended to promote personal website, just to direct folks to a good piece of GS-related fare.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 02:08:09 PM »
Nice start for a first effort, sir. Keep at it.

(Speaking of which, has the full version of Bicentennial Funk made it into someone other than that T.Q. guy's hands yet?)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

geno57

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 03:45:22 PM »
Not only do I remember that music from the early days of the 60s "Password" ... but I remember being surprised a few years later, when I heard it in an Auzzie children's adventure series that ran during "Garfield Goose" in Chicago.  Can't remember the name of the feature, but it was made up of five-minute cliffhangers that involved a bunch of boys going back to the age of the dinosaurs.

Any idea what music package this appeared in?  And does it have a title?

Great find.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 03:49:55 PM by geno57 »

snowpeck

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 07:30:13 PM »
[quote name=\'geno57\' post=\'145416\' date=\'Feb 6 2007, 03:45 PM\']
Not only do I remember that music from the early days of the 60s "Password" ... but I remember being surprised a few years later, when I heard it in an Auzzie children's adventure series that ran during "Garfield Goose" in Chicago.  Can't remember the name of the feature, but it was made up of five-minute cliffhangers that involved a bunch of boys going back to the age of the dinosaurs.

Any idea what music package this appeared in?  And does it have a title?

Great find.
[/quote]

If this is the earliest theme for the show, then it's "Holiday Jaunt" by Kurt Rehnfeld, a piece of production music originally part of the Impress Production Library, now the Opus 1 Music Library.

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

SwohS Emag

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 11:32:06 PM »
Added new things to the site:  a theme to '50s WML (the one before the one where they started using the animated intro that was colorized for the Blyden/Bruner version), a theme (I'm not sure if the only one) from Play Your Hunch, and a theme from Seven Keys.

Musically, I think they are pretty creative, and only paralleled by the fantastic synth and/or acoustic themes from the 1980s (Fun House and Classic Concentration themes come to mind).

"Seven Keys" has the upbeat Leave It To Beaver idea to it, but is played a bit like a march.  WML is very classical in nature.  Play Your Hunch just sounds like it was written by Merv Griffin, whether it was or not.  Reminds me of him cockily coming out on stage and singing "Old Piano Roll Blues."  When I watched that ep recently, I knew that sort of program would never fly on the airwaves today.

Link to site is above.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 08:25:13 AM »
Thanks very much for sharing these!
czambo@mac.com