Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Shows on GSN  (Read 7428 times)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Game Shows on GSN
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2007, 09:42:40 AM »
[quote name=\'snowpeck\' post=\'145582\' date=\'Feb 8 2007, 01:33 AM\']
I think they've run all of daytime color Password they have access to[/quote]

That wouldn't count, since that's not the entire run.  Running every episode with a few exceptions is one thing, but running one year out of a possible six because that's all you have access to is something else.

They also had access to about half of GONG's daytime eps (and ran most of those), but since it's only about half I wouldn't include it in the list (even though the eps covered the entire run of the show--not just one season).
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

The Pyramids

Game Shows on GSN
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2007, 10:44:47 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'145593\' date=\'Feb 8 2007, 10:06 AM\']
Shameless plug:  Here's a list of pretty well everything GSN has aired

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/St...n/2357/gsn.html

I must admit I haven't had GSN since March 2004 (since it disappeared from C-Band satellite), so some of this may be a little out of date.  If anyone has any additions/corrections, feel free
[/quote]

For the past three years they have been going through the entire Combs syndicated 'Feud' for the first time. As noted earlier we have reached the transitional '92 - '93 season and will presumably reach the end of the following season.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 12:00:57 PM by PaulD »

cacLA8383

Game Shows on GSN
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 11:47:23 AM »
You're thinking of "That 70's Greed". Yeah, I'd like to see that again.

GSN aired that episode a few years back for the first time.

I'm guessing you mean Psychowoman's version. I doubt they got to the Gray season 2 eps, if at all.

(I don't think WL belongs in the morning. I don't know why I felt this way watching it this morning...but it just seems out of place there.)

Yeah it does seem very weird, but from what I'm seeing, they're airing season one at the 11:30 airing and the season two episodes air at 6:30 and have been since they put Weakest Link back on the schedule.

For the past three years they have been going through the entire Combs syndicated 'Feud'. for the first time. As noted earlier we have reached the transitional '92 - '93 season and will presumably reach the end of the following season.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind having a better copy of Combs's final show if they get that far.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 11:54:04 AM by cacLA8383 »

cmjb13

Game Shows on GSN
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 12:46:09 PM »
Yeah, I wouldn't mind having a better copy of Combs's final show if they get that far.
Has GSN ever aired the finale before? If so, was the end credit crunched?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 12:46:30 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

uncamark

Game Shows on GSN
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 12:52:17 PM »
Since the model for Anne Robinson's characterization was your stereotypical British schoolmaster, if you were a student the "Psychowoman" comment would probably get a response of a rap on a shoulder with a ruler or worse.  A disdainful glance and a sharp retort from Robinson is much, much milder.

cacLA8383

Game Shows on GSN
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 02:03:02 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'145617\' date=\'Feb 8 2007, 11:46 AM\']
Has GSN ever aired the finale before? If so, was the end credit crunched?
[/quote]

Well if GSN has aired it, it must've been before I started catching it on my cable system down here, which was 2002.

irismason42

Game Shows on GSN
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 02:10:41 PM »
IIRC, Combs' finale episode from May 27, 1994 was shown in As Seen On's first package of clips to be ever shown on As Seen On, and was aired as a full-length episode during the As Seen On Theatre hour.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Game Shows on GSN
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2007, 03:29:44 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'145618\' date=\'Feb 8 2007, 12:52 PM\']
Since the model for Anne Robinson's characterization was your stereotypical British schoolmaster, if you were a student the "Psychowoman" comment would probably get a response of a rap on a shoulder with a ruler or worse.[/quote]

Yet another reason why I'm proud to be an American (where at least I know I'm free)...less of a temptation to punch my teacher in the face.

Not that I advocate violence toward teachers.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Ian Wallis

Game Shows on GSN
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2007, 04:21:59 PM »
IIRC, Combs' finale episode from May 27, 1994 was shown in As Seen On's first package of clips to be ever shown on As Seen On, and was aired as a full-length episode during the As Seen On Theatre hour.

I knew about the clip in As Seen On because I taped a bunch of them, but I didn't know that it was shown on As Seen On Theatre.  As best as I can recall, I don't think GSN ever published ahead of time what was going to be shown on ASOT (...I knew I should have recorded it more often...)

I know that a few rare shows appeared there, such as one of the two Shoot The Works pilots.  

I miss the days when GSN would give us regular surprises like that!  :)
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
Game Shows on GSN
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2007, 07:48:56 PM »
Shameless plug: Here's a list of pretty well everything GSN has aired

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/St...n/2357/gsn.html

Just a slight correction: GSN didn't air the whole series of  The Diamond Head Game. They aired 54 episodes, 12 episodes shy of reaching the format change.

--Jamie

MikeK

• Martha!
Game Shows on GSN
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2007, 08:24:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Fiono Coyne\' post=\'145667\' date=\'Feb 8 2007, 07:48 PM\']Just a slight correction: GSN didn't air the whole series of  The Diamond Head Game. They aired 54 episodes, 12 episodes shy of reaching the format change.[/quote]
It was on the air long enough for a format change?

I'm afraid to ask but what changes were made?

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
Game Shows on GSN
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2007, 08:44:31 PM »
I'm afraid to ask but what changes were made?

IMHO, it was improved. Instead of Bob going over to each island and asking ridiculously insipid first grade level questions, the game began with 2 teams of three players.

The round began with Bob reading a category with 5 answers. A statement corresponding to one of those 5 answers was read, and players buzzed in to correctly match the statement with one of the 5 choices. Ten points for a correct answer, a wrong answer gave the other team a shot at the question. Three of these rounds were played, Round 2 being worth 20 points per correct answer and 30 points in Round 3.

The winning team moved on to round 4 in which the members then played against each other in the same "remember the words on the list" deal as in the first format.

Oh yes, and after coming out of Diamond Head, contestants reached into their own treasure pouches and pulled out the bills instead of Bob.

I've got video footage somewhere. I'll post it when I get around to making the Diamond Head page for Game Show Vault, which I'm sure is being eagerly awaited. :-P

--Jamie
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 08:45:58 PM by Jimmy Fiono Coyne »

Allstar87

Game Shows on GSN
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2007, 11:08:19 PM »
Well, I'll be awaiting it anyway. That new format sounds way better than the one I saw; never did like the first round. I know I'd love to see it in action. ^^

Ian Wallis

Game Shows on GSN
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2007, 09:03:03 AM »
Just a slight correction: GSN didn't air the whole series of The Diamond Head Game. They aired 54 episodes, 12 episodes shy of reaching the format change.

Thank you.  I'm going to try to update the list soon...so far I've got corrections on the syndicated Combs Family Feud and Diamond Head Game.  If there are any others, please let me know!  :)
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!