Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Banjo Family Feud theme  (Read 4946 times)

dzinkin

Banjo Family Feud theme
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2007, 07:18:21 AM »
[quote name=\'coolwavepic\' post=\'145580\' date=\'Feb 8 2007, 01:35 AM\']
Okay none of the Family Feud cues are the one I am looking for. This face theme was used only in Richard Dawson's era.

Anyone know? Please dont go off topic.
[/quote]
You're new here, so here's some helpful advice: you do not have the right to dictate the direction in which a thread goes, or what others may or may not post in general.  Moreover, when you make a request, you would do well to be far more polite about it.

dale_grass

Banjo Family Feud theme
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2007, 01:24:24 PM »
I've converted a handful of .ra pieces to .mp3 from T.Q.'s site and the quality is very good on them (Bicenteniall Funk, for instance).  Others where the quality wasn't so good I assumed was due to the quality of the original from which the piece came (Press Your Luck themes, MG '73 Bongos, etc.).  If some of them are very good (almost excellent) quality and others poor, I wouldn't attribute it to the conversion process.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 01:25:03 PM by dale_grass »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Banjo Family Feud theme
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 01:34:45 PM »
[quote name=\'dale_grass\' post=\'145623\' date=\'Feb 8 2007, 10:24 AM\']
I've converted a handful of .ra pieces to .mp3 from T.Q.'s site and the quality is very good on them (Bicenteniall Funk, for instance).
[/quote]
You, sir, simply have much lower standards than a lot of us. If they work for you, great, but "very good (almost excellent)" is a VAST VAST overstatement of 32Kbit mono.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Banjo Family Feud theme
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 02:59:53 PM »
This is only directed at Mr. Lemon since he's readily identified himself as a non-trader, but if anybody else feels the way he does, feel free to step forward too: why would one who is just going to listen to the themes need quality only an audiophile would appreciate? Me, I'm just happy to hear stuff like "Pass the Buck" in the clear. The only quality that'd insult me would be akin to 2nd-generation dubs off a Mr. Microphone recording.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Banjo Family Feud theme
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 03:29:16 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'145632\' date=\'Feb 8 2007, 11:59 AM\']
why would one who is just going to listen to the themes need quality only an audiophile would appreciate?
[/quote]
Because some of us have standards. You like listening to flat, fuzzy, overcompressed trash? Great. Knock yerself out.

But I happen to think there's another reason why the stuff is posted in really low quality, and I can understand why he wouldn't want to bring attention to it.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

dale_grass

Banjo Family Feud theme
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 05:30:14 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'145624\' date=\'Feb 8 2007, 02:34 PM\']You, sir, simply have much lower standards than a lot of us. If they work for you, great, but "very good (almost excellent)" is a VAST VAST overstatement of 32Kbit mono.[/quote]

Let me do some clarification.  For themes I've never heard before or gameshows I've hardly ever seen, If there's a hair more music that hiss and pops, it's good enough.  If it's something like pop music or a Boston Pops score, I don't settle for anything but master quality.  The "very good (almost excellent)" could have been clarified also.  I meant relative to some of the other themes/cues floating around the Internet, including at T.Q.'s site.  Game show aficionados like yourself would appreciate a "straight from the master tape" conversion, but for guys like me 32Kbit mono is good enough.  (Besides, Casey lent us all the good Feud stuff, and I couldn't care less about the rest.)