Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Underground Storage  (Read 3527 times)

davemackey

Underground Storage
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2007, 06:35:09 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'146036\' date=\'Feb 15 2007, 09:46 PM\']
[quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' post=\'146034\' date=\'Feb 15 2007, 06:25 PM\']
I just wrote GSN and asked them to consider adding Spin-Off to their lineup, even if it means running it overnight.  
[/quote]
I have to ask.

What do you think the chances are of that letter having, well, any effect whatsoever?
[/quote]
Every Don Quixote has his own windmills.

I wouldn't mind seeing "Spin-Off" again.

uncamark

Underground Storage
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2007, 12:37:16 PM »
It seems to me that Nicholson and Muir were writers and producers at various points in time during the original run of "Howdy Doody," which was an in-house NBC production.  One of their first projects as independent producers was a series of marionette interpretations of fairy tales with the puppeteers who'd worked on "Howdy Doody," sometime during the 60s (and I believe they were filmed in color, so they could pop up somewhere).

And speaking of Marilyn "Happy Harmony" Patch, there's a "WML?" from the early 60s where she appeared, younger and extremely cute, with an occupation of television children's show host.  IIRC, it was on WHDH in Boston, then a CBS affiliate (of course, those who know such things know that the present has very little, if anything, with the old WHDH).

I tried to get info on what she has done since the "Howdy Doody" revival--all I could find is that she did a pilot for a kids series with some of the people who did "Howdy" after that show went bust.  It didn't go anywhere.  All I can assume that she's still alive, well and probably a grandmother by now.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Underground Storage
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 02:00:19 PM »
[quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' post=\'146034\' date=\'Feb 15 2007, 09:25 PM\']If only local stations could be convinced to rerun it the way they used to do with Password and You Don't Say!.
[/quote]

It will NEVER happen. Ever. They'd be more inclined to sell The Chamber reruns to syndication than they would Spin-Off.

And even if this was the older days where you'd actually do that...there's a difference between Password and You Don't Say! and Spin-Off. The other two weren't sent to the scrap heap after a few weeks.

(wasn't it 10 weeks, if that?)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Underground Storage
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007, 02:16:03 PM »
11 weeks - June 16th through August 29th. Would be a decent Game of the Week sort of thing to plug in the graveyard rarities thing.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

DjohnsonCB

Underground Storage
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2007, 08:38:10 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'146083\' date=\'Feb 16 2007, 03:16 PM\']
11 weeks - June 16th through August 29th. Would be a decent Game of the Week sort of thing to plug in the graveyard rarities thing.

-Jason
[/quote]

Actually 12 weeks--the final show was September 5.  September 1, Labor Day in 1975, was the one and only day I got to watch it on CBS.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel