Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: This Week's Game Show TV Milestone - Part 1  (Read 2192 times)

AH3RD

This Week's Game Show TV Milestone - Part 1
« on: September 14, 2003, 10:17:45 AM »
SEPTEMBER 15, 1967

Password
, the Goodson-Todman-created war of the words, wrapped up a sensational 6-year, 1,555-episode run on CBS Daytime. Celebrities on the final edition were Betty White Ludden & Frank Gifford and the game contained a \"Stars vs. Civilians\" final game between Ed vs. Meryl and the celebs.

Allen Ludden, ever the cool and collected emcee, thanked the nation for its support over the six years of Password; his final words on the series finale were: \"I'll see you soon, I hope!\" As soon as four years, actually; in 1971, ABC would add a new version of Password to its daytime schedule.
Aaron Handy III - ah07_1999@yahoo.com

The ABC Password Page

The Aaron Handy III TV Web Shrine

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2003, 07:26:28 PM »
[quote name=\'AH3RD\' date=\'Sep 14 2003, 09:17 AM\'] SEPTEMBER 15, 1967

Password
, the Goodson-Todman-created war of the words, wrapped up a sensational 6-year, 1,555-episode run on CBS Daytime. Celebrities on the final edition were Betty White Ludden & Frank Gifford and the game contained a "Stars vs. Civilians" final game between Ed vs. Meryl and the celebs.

Allen Ludden, ever the cool and collected emcee, thanked the nation for its support over the six years of Password; his final words on the series finale were: "I'll see you soon, I hope!" As soon as four years, actually; in 1971, ABC would add a new version of Password to its daytime schedule. [/quote]
 Not to burst your bubble, Aaron, but Allen did see viewers(however few it may have been) on WIn With the Stars c. 1969, two years before ABC's Password revival.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2003, 07:34:40 PM »
\"Allen Ludden's Gallery\" also came between the two Passwords.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.