Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ION Television Viewers Vote  (Read 5522 times)

Ian Wallis

ION Television Viewers Vote
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2007, 09:13:36 AM »
I'm so glad we finally have a surviving copy of Generation Gap to enjoy.

From what we have of it in the trade curcuit, I think Generation Gap is a neat little show.  Dennis hosted the first 10 or so episodes and Jack Barry took over for the last five (I'd love to see a Barry-hosted show).

Which begs a question:  if this is common knowledge I'm not aware of it - why did Dennis leave Generation Gap before the run ended?  I've never heard an explanation anywhere.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

TimK2003

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2007, 10:15:06 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'146578\' date=\'Feb 21 2007, 04:47 PM\']
NBC U still owns a minority interest in Ion, but they haven't been actively involved in the company since they and Paxson had a little dustup a few years ago when when they chose to buy Telemundo instead of buying him out.  The NBC-owned stations stopped airing repeats of their newscasts on Pax/i/Ion stations eons ago.
[/quote]

According to This Broadcasting & Cable link, it looks like Paxson may finally get his wish in selling off his share of the network.

uncamark

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2007, 12:02:36 PM »
To answer, yes, American Life used to be GoodLifeTV (and Nostalgia Television and the Nostalgia Channel before that).  For a channel that's never had particularly wide distribution, it's sure had longevity.  Perhaps it's thanks to its current owner--the Rev. Sun Myung Moon.