Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "DOND Canada" No. 1, eh?  (Read 1643 times)

uncamark

"DOND Canada" No. 1, eh?
« on: March 06, 2007, 05:17:46 PM »
A link to a Global press release boasting that the just-finished Canadian edition of "DOND" is for this season so far the Great White North's top-rated new series (perhaps with an asterisk next to its name) and top-rated CanCon series (once again, with a possible asterisk next to its name):

http://groups.google.com/group/tvbarn2/bro...a07efdfb0a95111

I assume "Canada's Case Game" is similar to our Lucky Case.

For some of our American friends, "Corner Gas" is a sitcom set in a Canadian small town that has a cult following (I heard somewhere that it will be syndicated in the U.S. next season) and "Little Mosque on the Prairie" is a sitcom about a Muslim mosque.  That one probably won't be shown in the U.S. any time soon.

And since "Idol"'s on CTV up there, "Fifth Grader?" performed without the benefit of an "Idol" lead-in.

Esoteric Eric

"DOND Canada" No. 1, eh?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 11:22:41 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'147538\' date=\'Mar 6 2007, 02:17 PM\'] "Little Mosque on the Prairie" is a sitcom about a Muslim mosque.  That one probably won't be shown in the U.S. any time soon.[/quote]While I haven't seen the show, I've seen promos for it on CBC's CBUT from Vancouver (available on Seattle's Comcast system.)  Apparently, the mosque is located in part of a Christian church (not sure what denomination), producing hilarity in one episode when the unknowing Archbishop (played by Colin Mochrie) decided to visit.
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976

vtown7

"DOND Canada" No. 1, eh?
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 11:29:08 PM »
The church in question is Anglican.

And Mark I think that WGN picked up Corner Gas for syndication next year.

OBGameshows: Sitara Hewitt, the female cohost on "You Bet Your Ass" is one of the leads in "Little Mosque".

Ryan :)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 11:30:34 PM by vtown7 »

pownster

"DOND Canada" No. 1, eh?
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 06:42:52 AM »
"Corner Gas" aired in Australia on free-to-air TV (on SBS) during the summer silly season - and received less than favourable reviews from the TV critics.

Glad to see that the local Canadian production of DoND made the top 20 for the year - does this mean it will return for a second series?
Chris Powney

Australian Game Show Home Page

http://members.iinet.net.au/~powney/gameshow/homepage.htm

tvmitch

"DOND Canada" No. 1, eh?
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 08:27:29 AM »
How well did that two episode arc of Canadian Millionaire do in the ratings back in 2001? I remember that it did semi-well but was never picked up. It would be nice to see this version go forward.
You should follow me on Twitter